The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Tough to say really, AFAIC, GAB doesnt really need much to bring it to gold (primarily phrasing and documentation). There is still many more features and enhancments I would like make to it, but I think its time to push it to gold and then look at additional features.

Saying that, my priority is still GARS and GAL right now. Then GAB will get some more love
Old 03-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

any ETA for the first update ?!

i'd be ready to purchase it as it is actually working on this same site... no fancy feature needed for now...
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Question

Quick question regarding GeekMart. Does it have the abilty to block users from certain countries via country name and/or IP? There is a ton of fraud on the net, and those of use who sell virtual goods (basically anything that's downloadable) need this feature to be able to block people that live in those certain fraudulent countries. Thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Nope, but I am sure it is something that can be looked into for post 1.0 release
Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'd love to see some means of running the logins across two different domains (via cookies or something) so that I could tie this into my forums' userbase but have it run on a separate URL/domain.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Lightbulb

THANK YOU Geek! It doesn't have to be very fancy. Just be able to detect that they live in a certain country (my guess is their IP would be the best way to do this) and then if they live in a country that the admin has pre-chosen not to sell in - they would simply get a message saying something to the effect "Sorry, we currently do not sell internationally to your country". Obviously they will try to get around this by using a drop-ship company, and that's why it's so important to be able to detect where they are actually viewing GeekMart from. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out a cool way to do this Thank you again for looking into it.

As soon as the feature has been added PLEASE let us know