The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 PM

Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan, can you assure us that geekmart isnt helved (or will be in the future)?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No, it is not helved, but when you start adding in an additional features, such as another payment processor or custom fields, what was once an almost ready product becomes a not so ready product. These additional features are good additions, no doubt, but as impatience grows, one idea would be to strip the additional features out of the code and release a bug fix only version.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 AM

Ahh, that makes since. I love the idea of releasing a bug fix only version, Im sure many others would agree. Thanks for clearing that up.

Keep up the hard work!
- Riki
Old 12-17-2008, 04:34 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Actually I am willing to wait for the new features, especially if that includes the use of Authorize.Net as a payment processor along with all the bug fixes of course!

Morgan, if you need someone to test Authorize.Net I have that all set up in vbulletin for subscriptions and can process credit cards, e-checks and do so on a recurring basis so I'd be a pretty good test subject for you.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 AM

where do i go to get the geekmart beta 6?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:45 AM

the geekmart would make life a
hell of alot easier for me. i will
be happy with the beta 6.

some one... any one... im desperate!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:21 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
No, it is not helved, but when you start adding in an additional features, such as another payment processor or custom fields, what was once an almost ready product becomes a not so ready product. These additional features are good additions, no doubt, but as impatience grows, one idea would be to strip the additional features out of the code and release a bug fix only version.

Morgan,
We are about 2 months out from the last update on Geekmart , any news you can share with us? Any code you'd like me to test ? At one point back in August 08 you thought you were a couple of weeks away, but then decided to add some new features and the release date seems to be delayed for some time now. Is there anything we can do to help, any light you can hed on the subject?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If things work out as planned, this should be done sometime this month. Again, if things work out as planned.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
If things work out as planned, this should be done sometime this month. Again, if things work out as planned.
Morgan,
Should I assume that things didn't go as planned? or was Geekmart released and I somehow missed it?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 AM

haha, man such torture! I finally gave up and went with ubercart for drupal. VB can hook into drupal and you can have an amazingly powerful shop with everything you could imagine.