The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-25-2008, 07:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Making a new entry..

Hello,

I've turned my GAL dictionary on, but my members been having a problem posting new entries.. As admin I can post a new entry just fine under both catergories I have, while as a regular member they can only post under one catergory. On the other even after filling out everything they get an error message stating;

"Make sure to enter a title, keyword, and message."

Any Ideas?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Please ignore.. I did some further testing and under Permissions»Auto-Link Permissions» the option "Can create auto-links entries" has to be on in order for them to put in keywords
Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Lol , maybe I should do all the testing before posting. :P

Seems like a bug to me, but don't know, maybe it should be that way..

If under Permissions you set:

Can toggle as dictionary entry: YES
Can select dictionary: YES

and if you tick the box 'Appear in Dictionary:' It allows you to make a new entry just fine. If you don't tick the box 'Appear in Dictionary:' you get error message; Select where you want this entry to appear.

If you set

Can toggle as dictionary entry: NO
Can select dictionary: YES

You get error message; Select where you want this entry to appear.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories and for each title in the Dictionaries box, check whether 'Enter into Dictionary' and 'Enter as Auto-Link' are set to yes or no. If you do not allow the tick boxes, then whatever you set for 'Enter into Dictionary' and 'Enter as Auto-Link' is used, i.e., if you do not allow the the tick boxes and have both 'Enter into Dictionary' and 'Enter as Auto-Link' set to no, the script shows you an error message.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes, seems like that is how it's suppose to work, but even if I have one of them ticked as default, I still can't turn off the permission so the user don't have to tick it them self.

perm.jpg

perm2.jpg

With this setting I still get: Error 1. Select where you want this entry to appear.

Am I misunderstanding something here?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Under settings, what is your 'Default dictionary' and does it have the same settings as in your screenshots?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 PM

Cultivo, the screenshot from above post shows the setting for the default dictionary.

perm3.jpg
Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Grab the GAL package again and FTP the following file, overwriting the one on the server, and then go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Permissions, and for every usergroup and every dictionary, check the permissions, and make sure to save the permissions, even if they look correct:
  • /forum/admincp/gal_admin.php