The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default No Newsletter send

I have cronjobs, that he start at Sunday. But no Newsletter will be send out.

Its generate, but no send...
What hell i do?

Last edited by MotMann; 05-25-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 05-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters -> click the newsletter you want to edit -> check that 'Issue active after generation' is set to yes. You can also go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Issues -> select the newsletter from the drop down menu -> select send in the options drop down menu.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes, thats activate. But no Newsletter send out
Old 05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

By default the 'GAZ Send Queue' cron is set to run at minute 50 of every hour. vBulletin crons/scheduled tasks run when someone visits your site. No visitors, no cron is run. You can check what crons you have set to run by going to the ACP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager. You can also check the logs via the ACP -> Statistics & Logs -> Scheduled Task Log -> Show Only Entries Generated By -> GAZ Send Queue.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM

I need to send you the Username and password over PM.

I have enough visitors and the cron must be send every sunday

Is that ok for you?

Last edited by MotMann; 05-28-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Old 05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Doubtful ACP access is going to help. It's probably a setting. When you set up the new newsletter did you set 'Default to subscription' to yes? If not, no one is subscribed, and no newsletter would be sent.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:57 AM

Yes, i do that. Now i have the Problem, that

• some users get the Newsletter twice.

Bild 1.png

• Who get the Newsletter? The User, there are over a long time not visit the Forums? Ore everyone?

• And the Cron job not run at the time i need. In Cron set up, there is 3 h in the morning. But the Newssletter generate at 1 h pm.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Administrator

1: The 25th of May and the 1st of June are one week apart. Check 'Frequency from Start Date' under the ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters -> click the newsletter link of interest.

2: Whoever is subscribed to the newsletter gets an issue sent to them. Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Subscriptions to check who is subscribed to what.

3: You can change when you want the GAZ crons to run via the ACP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> Edit -> change day of week, day of month, hour, and minute to what you prefer.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Morgan. you dont read carefully ;-)

• I have set the Cronjob, but the time isn't correct.
• Who get a newsletter, if the user dont do anything? User, who dont visit the forum over a long time? Ore everyone?
• I have over 1000 User, but not everyone gets a newsletter.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks, but I read just fine.

1: Go to the ACP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the "All times are X. The time now is Y." text to see what time is being used.

2: It depends on whether, when you create a new newsletter, if you set 'Default to subscription' to yes or no. If yes, then everyone is subscribed. If no, then no one is subscribed. You can use 'Usergroups allowed to subscribe' to limit which usergroups get the newsletter.

3: Maybe some users went to /forum/profile.php?do=editprofile and set 'Newsletter Subscription' to no, maybe some users went to /forum/profile.php?do=editoptions and set 'Receive Email from Administrators' to no, maybe some email readers think the newsletter is spam, maybe some users use Spam Arrest or some such service, maybe some users send mail from your site to a junk mailbox, maybe some servers don't accept mail from your site, etcetera.