The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-23-2007, 02:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

GARS admin permissions not working right? I upgraded on our live server and my admin account (not the main account that has full rights in the DB, but my normal daily use admin account) no longer has access to admin GARS. Went into Admin Permissions in User Manager in ACP and there IS an entry for "Can Administer GAZ " which keeps defaulting to no (our version of GAZ on live is old, so that might explain that) and an entry under that that has no label, just the "Yes" and "No" radio buttons.

We've also suddenly got a bunch of header images defaulting to the article title instead of an image, the path seems to be set correctly in the GARS->Settings though? :: puzzled look ::

vB version: 3.6.5
Platform: Centos Linux
Web server: Apache v1.3.37
PHP: 5.1.6
MySQL: 5.0.27-standard-log

Let me know if you need to see the problem and I'll setup an admin account for you... Though I can't give you GARS Admin rights ;-).

Thanks!

James and Susan
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

lol , The gaz issue will be an older one. Can you check a couple things for me? Well start with this:

Check the administrator table for the garspermission field (and what its value is for you)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 PM

I don't have a "garspermission" field? I do have a "garsadminperms", I'm thinking that's what you're looking for? All records are showing a 1 in there. I'm also showing a "geekperms" and all records have a 0.

James and Susan
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

geekperms will be from your old GAZ install. Can you re-import the 2.1.8 product xml?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

how do i get the link directory add-on?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Link directory is here:
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1969
Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Reran the 2.1.8 xml import, same result. Checked the administrator table, same result.

James and Susan
Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigratrus View Post
Thank you. One last Gar question (Yep I'm a GAR NooB!!0 I made a tutoial section/ news/ and reviews sections. But in my reveiws section it'll show a tutorial andit says 'latest news' but it's a tutorial. How can I fix this?

Thanks Friends!!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigratrus View Post
Reran the 2.1.8 xml import, same result. Checked the administrator table, same result.

James and Susan
hmmm. Try uninstalling the old version of GAZ . If that doesnt do it, PM me admincp details.

@Gilligan - you need to edit the types module set. Each module in the set can have settings that control its behaviour. http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index...ration_in_GARS

HTHs!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:06 AM

I've installed the new version for the first time. Did all necessary install instructions and finally can't find the navigation in my ACP. Reuploading the cbnav.xml and the product and still no menu.

Any ideas?