The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Yes I do have special characters. Unicode texts are the most common, and there can be other special characters as well. I can't just stop my users from using them right? So this means that there has not been a solution to this problem even after this time span?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are you using special characters and GAL 5.x beta?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

There might be some special characters in several threads.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

But are there special characters in these threads in question and more importantly... do you have GAL 5.x installed and operational?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 AM

no The Geek, there aren't any special characters in these threads. I had installed GAL and I have them disabled as well because they would cause me the same problems as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:44 AM

If there arent special characters in the thread (and more importantly GAL 5x beta isnt enabled) then it cant be the same problem as Lizard was having.

Can you not check your error log to see what the problem is?

GO to the white page, then check your error log. You should find the answer there
Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 PM

If you want to check it out and fix the problem for me then I will be happy to create a temporary admin account for you. Let fix this soon.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sam , i discovered something funny today. I was wondering inside admincp and decided to change second page template. Even i change the template from GARS_preview_pb to GARS_pb the second page is using the old GARS_preview_pb template. Do you think this can be related with the problem ?
However i don't have this problem on my other forum but that is a brand new forum. I will install GAL 5.0 beta 4.0 to that just to debug and see if the same problem occurs or not and return with the result here. Yep the same problem exists on the other board also.

Last edited by Lizard King; 02-26-2007 at 02:33 PM..
Old 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM

Angel, I wont be able to view your error logs there. Check them out as it will hold the answer.

Liz - the template SHOULD change, but it may still look like a preview as it gets snipped. Regardless, let me know wither way
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yep i figured out the template. However the pagination bug stands even on the new board.
I even upgraded Php and mysql in order to make sure it is not related to them but still no luck with that.