The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Crisis - The saga continues?

Hey all,

As those of you that are current vB customers will know - we came back from vacation this summer only to discover that our family business had been run into the ground (literally). At that point, I removed all future sales of vbgeek products for the foreseeable future while we worked tirelessly to sort the situation out.

I am pleased to announce that it appears we are almost sorted on the business front; however I am bummed to announce that it does not change my current inability to support my scripts.

Why?

Although we have re-won the key contract that our family business was built upon - it was at the cost of my family putting everything on the line for doing it (and I mean everything). As such I will be heading up the company which leaves me with little to no time to focus on script development and support. As most of you will understand, this greatly bums me out as I love coding, however it is kind of exciting in a really twisted way as we have 'bet it all on #5'.

Therefore I am left with the only option to release my scripts on .org (which I understand many of you are against) or to find a capable team to take up development, distribution and support of my scripts. I have had a sporadic blast of emails and private messages asking me about taking on the dev and support... I have even discussed in depth a couple of options with some great coders (however they are crap communicators). Anyhoo - this is really the last call for some decent coders/teams to get in touch with me to take over the script development and support before I put all scripts up on .org.

Any seriously interested parties wanting to take over development and support need to contact me at vbgeek at sweetsquared dot com with an offer that will convince me that my customers will be taken care of and my scripts will be in good hands. Otherwise I see no other alternative than to release the scripts 'as is' to the vbulletin community. I would do this for no other reason than the fact that I would rather see them released to the community than to see them die a slow death.

Let ye all speak now or forever hold your peace! I will be deactivating the above email when all things are put to bed. I know already that you guys support me and my family, and we forever thank you for it. I have loved every minute of coding and I wish to return to it when things smooth out on our end, however first and foremost come my family, then my values (which includes honesty and dedication for my customers).

My priority is to stop these scripts from dying a slow death - so let's get them into the hands of those that will carry on the work.

Thank you all for your understanding. This isn't the last you have seen from me - just the last you will see for a little while (on the coding front).

nJoy
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Thank you for the update, Sam. I'm glad to hear things are looking up. I'm not in your situation so I won't say I understand what you're going through. However, from my brief experiences with you, your products and support you've given your members I can say that you're truly an upstanding guy. Whichever direction you decide to go with your scripts is cool with me. I am privileged to have been a customer of yours.

I hope things will continue on a positive path for you and your family.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 PM

I don't know if you read these threads, but as I said in the last one. From what I have read/seen about your products, I would happilly pay for just the script alone with no support attached. (although keeping the forums up with user base support is nice ) Please consider that there are many people who would pay for this with no support attached so that you, or someone you choose, could one day continue developement.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Emailed you Sam from my mythotical at hotmail dot com

I'm glad to hear your crisis is coming to a good ending, as my issue with my son is closing with a good ending. So I hope all is well for you and your family in the future. My prayers will always be with you all and may God watch over you all.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Glad to hear it's under control!

I'd certainly say Myth is an obvious possibility if he's interested, he's certainly got the most relevant experience, at least on GM!

The other I can think of might be Morgan from Photoplog, he's been the most consistently reliable coder we've worked with. We've commissioned a few mods from him and his work has been of exceedingly high quality, good documentation and clean coding. He also consistently provides top-notch support. I'd guess he might well have his hands full with Photoplog though? If he does have the time he'd almost certainly be able to do your products/customers justice.

In any case our best wishes to you and your family! Congratulations on getting things under control, and we certainly hope that #5 is good to you!

James and Susan
Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Glad to see your getting sorted.
and hopefully one day we'll see you coding some more great scripts
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

yeah good news on that front. I'm sure you'll get your family business sorted out, because of the dedication ive seen here. GOOD LUCK. Hopefully some use full candidates can step to the plate.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Great to hear from you again Samuel and that things are progressing in a positive way for you and your family! I've sent you an email tonight as well
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

lol I finally worked out why I couldnt log in here, it was because I didnt have the www. in front of the domain name, I guess the cookies would not set for it.

anyway, glad to hear from you. Not so glad to hear that it is finally over :/
Hopefully someone else will take over the project, because otherwise that means I have lost out on not only this but vision scripts and more then likely vblogetin. not a good couple of months lol.

Glad your okay tho.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Good to hear your able to take back control of your business Sam

Just one question if you don't mind. will you close down this forum or leave it open for archival purposes ?

Just wondering if I should dl a backup of the addons that I have setup for gar's.

Last edited by Loco; 09-27-2007 at 12:50 AM..