The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default The future is....

Dearest of vBgeeks,

As most of you are aware, I had to pull the plug on all of my script development while I turned my full attention to my family business.

During the last few months, I have spent many an hour debating how and if my scripts (babies) will survive. All options were explored from releasing on .org to finding a new team to take over. Since few customers wanted them released on .org, I went about finding a new home for our beloved scripts. I have had a lot of great offers from a lot of great teams, but it was still a challenge to find the 'right fit' for the what I fantasise is the cultured palette of the vBgeek customer.

Since these scripts were my 'babies', I wanted to make sure I got the best fit I could. I believe that I have found that perfect fit.

"Morgan" from PhotoPlog (you may also know him as "" - super suave moderator at vBulletin.org) and I have come to an agreement to transfer all rights to the vBgeek scripts into him care to ensure that the dream of a GARS on every dinner table and a GAZ in every icebox is fulfilled. She will take charge of www.thevbgeek.com in the next couple of weeks to begin transitioning the future. Please give him all the support you gave me, he will do a phenomenal job with these scripts just as he has done with PhotoPlog and the rest of the vBulletin community. In fact, I have to say that I am really excited about the direction he will take these scripts in if our conversations or him coding is anything to go by.

Geek On and nJoy
Old 11-30-2007, 08:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks for the update Sam ,

You'll always be missed in here. I wish you the best for your future life.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

This is great to hear. However, in the interim, are there any plans to make GARS available for re-purchase and download? I know a number of us have been eager/hoping to implement a solid article management system and nothing out there has yet come close to GARS.

I'm delighted to hear that GARS as a script will be supported by a capable and gifted coder. It is a shame that you will no longer be able to provide your wit and energy to the maintenance of this script, Sam, as you will be dearly missed. That said, I am very eager and excited to get to meet and work with .

Kaelon
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I wish will come here and share him future plans with us also
Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Welcome Morgan ( )

I am very pleased with this announcement and I really hope you will find it thrilling and educational to be here and we will help you with the transition the best we can.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Great thing to hear. Good luck Morgan.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Good deal! Thanks for the update.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 PM

As always the Geek has come through. This is great news, let's hope more is on the way.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The best news I've read in quite some time... Yay!
::breaks out a celebratory beverage::

Morgan is hands down the best dev we've worked with... Superb support and really excellent code. If we can't have Sam back, we simply could *not* be happier that Morgan will be taking over our other favorite dev site.

Man this is such good news! 'Plog and the vbGeek packages are the heart and soul of the customization we've done with our site... To have them all under one roof (so to speak) is just plain ideal.

::capers madly::

Thanks Sam! I think you made the best possible choice, and (as I'm sure you can tell) we're utterly psyched that Morgan has the time and inclination to take on the various projects here. We continue to wish you all the best, and our thanks for taking your time to get the best home for vbgeek that you could...

James and Susan
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-01-2007, 12:54 AM

Im glad to hear that the dev will continue but Im sad that you wont be a part of it.

Hopefully, is as witty as you are.