The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You will need to edit the type and make sure that all of the custom fields you want to include are ticked.

If you want the items on the same line, I would suggest making new templates and using the settings in the custom field module to point to the new templates.

The attachments are stored in the file system under geek/gars/images/u/s/e/r/i/d or geek/gars/images if you are in safemode.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

Oh ok. Yah that fixed the ability to attach 4 screenshots now.

I had no problem making a new template and modifying the code to do what I wanted it to, but I don't see where to assign the template for each custom field module I created though.

Like if I go to the Admincp > Gars > Custom Fields > then click on a name of one of my custom modules (or press edit) I don't see a place to enter in which template to pull from.

Am I looking in the wrong spot? (I know I could just edit the default templates, but I'm not sure I want to do that as I might not want some of my modules to look like that)

Thanks for all your help thus far though Geek (suffering through all of my n00b questions and all).

Last edited by FRAiD; 04-21-2007 at 03:50 PM..
Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Try editing the custom fields module:
admincp->gars->module sets->modulesetyouwanttoedit->Custom Fields
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Hmmm, I don't think it worked for me. Perhaps I altered the wrong table? I'll try it a little later. This is the code I used though:

Code:
<fieldset class="fieldset">
<div align="left">
    <legend>$vbphrase[gars_custom_title]</legend>
</div>
<div align="right">
    <div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px">$vbphrase[gars_custom_desc]
    <input type="text" name="gars$field[id]" id="GARS_custom_$field[id]" value="$fieldvalue" maxlength="$field[maxlength]" class="bginput" size="$field[size]" tabindex="1"/>
    </div>
</div>
</fieldset>
Would that work the way I wanted it to?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 PM

No, thats the edit field. You want to create a new template and put it in the modules settings (admincp->gars->module sets->modulesetname->custom fields). I dont think you are editing the custom fields modules settings.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 AM

There is a screenshot on this page that shows the settings for the custom fields module. Make sure that you are editing it!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 AM

Ok, I think I've figured it out.

The author reviews still show up in the member spot though even if I turn the option for them to show up off. (perhaps a bug?)

Also, is there a way to remove a "screenshot" without going to the browse button and just selecting a new image? It seems like the only way to get rid of an image is to replace it with another one.

Last edited by FRAiD; 04-22-2007 at 09:06 AM..
Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Link is for an invalid thread.

Most modules use the gars_mod_container forum for padding and such. Check that out
Old 04-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Ok, what about the screenshot thing? Is there no way to remove them once they're selected?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:09 PM

hmmm.... THere isnt directly no... Not really been asked for before, though it would make sense! The only real option that I can think of until I can introduce a feature is to edit the gars_custom_values table to remove it!