The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-27-2005, 02:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default exclude thread ID not working

hello,

first let me say that this site has some great products

i'm having a bit of trouble with geek autolinker lite 4.5. i dont want any thread to link to itself, so i've been entering the link ID in the "ignore thread" field, as the instructions suggested. it doesnt seem to be working though; the thread still links the term to itself. might i be doing something wrong? i enter the thread ID i want to block (for example if i want to block showthread.php?t=386, i would enter 386 into the "ignore thread" field). is this incorrect?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It should be working. Let me double check it and get back to you
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

also, the "active" feature is not working; i currently have the "active" field set to no for the word intervals on my testing forum, but it's still showing up. click to see example.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is some info on my server -- might this be related to the problem?

PHP version 4.3.11
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
Apache version 1.3.33

Last edited by kidmercury; 10-27-2005 at 12:14 PM..
Old 10-27-2005, 12:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Actually, it just occured to me.

To take advantage of these features, you need to be using the DB cache. Are you? (its in the settings section).

If not, give it a go and let me know!

Thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM

i'm using the lite version -- is the db cache option you are referring to available in this version? here's what i'm seeing in my admincp:

or is the pro version needed for this?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM

hmm. Yes, in fact, those options should only be availible on the Pro version.

Ill have to go back through it and either plug in the ability or remove it.

Ill try to get it plugged in - but I may have to remove it
Old 10-27-2005, 01:09 PM

sounds good -- i'll be purchasing the pro version later today, as an autolink feature is just too sweet to pass up
Old 10-27-2005, 06:13 PM

Default more problems

so i purchased the pro version, after a few small hiccups all looks well, but i do have one question.....

i need natural links, like the ones that come through when you use the lite version. i imagine the redirect you are using is for tracking purposes, but i'd rather have natural links than tracking. is there a way i can disable tracking and get natural links?

thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by kidmercury; 10-27-2005 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-27-2005, 06:21 PM

you have a full stop "." before intervals on thread 11 which is causing GAL to skip it just in case its part of a URL, file name, etc...

For natural links, I assume you mean no tracking and no popups?
Just edit the standard links category and make sure that it is set to no tracking. Any links in there will be as you would expect.

HTH's and thanks for your support.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 PM

perhaps a stupid question, but i do not see where i can edit GAL category settings? i checked the readme and saw info on category settings but did not see where i could access it