The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Adding categories to articles

Is this possible? I want to sort articles by category. Thanks
Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Byu category I assume you mean forum? If so, then yea - GARS has a couple sorting options as does vB depending on the version you are using.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Let's say I make a forum into a article type. Would I be able to sort the threads/articles in that article type forum by category?

I say this because the forum I enable a article type is a forum I dedicate to articles of various topics. I am looking for a way to organize this better. Possible?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The way I would recommend doing this is by having a root forum for articles, then a sub forum for each 'category'. Like this-> http://www.salongeek.com/articles/

Does that help?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:25 PM

Hi Geek. Looks pretty nice. You basically set root forum to not act as a forum?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM

This I like, I assume you could do the same for the directory.
Let say you want to display certain articles on the top for each category, is that possible? And if so how?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 PM

Same thing: http://www.salongeek.com/link-directory/

You can actually add modules etc... to it if you wanted. And yes, I just turn off the forums abiloity to accept new posts.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:32 AM

can you point me in the direction of the mod.

I just add a category and it is what i want. but now i have done something that made them act funny.

the name shows up twice.

and it does not show the images. I do not understand why it worked but now it does not.

this what i see in the back when i make a new post.

what am i missing. before i think it asked the url that i want to get the image from. and than on a nother it just asked for the website. what do i need to do?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:51 AM

Have you tweaked any of the templates?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:40 PM

I have change the questions but that was it.