The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Ok, upgraded to Gold and getting an error?

Ran all the ACP -> GAZ -> Tools options and still getting:

Invalid Style and language cache item. You should rebuild your layout cache via admincp->tool->rebuild all layouts

Re-uploaded all files twice. and re-ran the xml inport, than re-ran the Tools, no joy... Any suggestions?

James and Susan
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Start a new thread and let me know:
1- Is this when viewing an existing issue or when generating a new one
2- Does this error occur with new and/or existing issues
3- Did you ever see this during the beta stage? (I havent ever seen a report on it)

Cheers
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I will be purchasing this very soon. Nice work geekman!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Man I am scrambling to style this thing before my big event tomorrow.

Anyway, where and in what script do I want to look if I need to vBSEO the links in the emails?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks Sam

Hows mine look ?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 AM

Monkey: You can check in the modules themselves or in cache_issue_output function in geek/gaz/includes/gaz_functions_process.php

Let me know if you want a hook in there.

@Brandon - dont see any output?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:19 AM

Damn thats a lot of money for something i know little about

I came here expecting to see it gold and there it was, but at that price (yes i understand you have to eat but so do the rest of us non profit admins) i'll have to be convinced its a worthy purchase.

I mean, i'm from the UK and a one year license to Vbulletin is only around £40.

I have absolutely no idea how the emails are formatted and look
What options the modules truly give us
If there are variables for Newsletter Title etc (i.e Such and Such newsletter - Jan 2007)

In short i don't know your product and what it can truly do for me. More information is needed.

If your only example is

http://www.thevbgeek.com/newsletter.php

Then i have to tell you,. its really not wowing me

I do need a functional vbulletin newsletter module but we really really need more information about this product. The wiki leaves you in doubt as to what it actually does achieve.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Fair enough that you feel more information is needed. Ill see what I can whip up.

As to the price, £25 per license (if I am very lucky) will land me somewhere around minimum wage for developing and supporting this over the next year. It simply isn't worth it for me to release it for anything less.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Understood and i truly known where your coming from. But look at it this way, GARS, a system far superior and more advanced than what i currently see in GAZ, is priced £5 cheaper at £19.99 ? Just seems a bit strange.

I'll await and see what this product really can do for me as i really would like a semi automatic newsletter for our community.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM

The difference is in quantities. GARS will outsell GAZ 10 fold so I am able to offset the cost because of the quantity.

Saying that, if I add up the dev and support time in GARS, Im still lucky to be making almost minimum wage on it. If I can't cut at least minimum wage while coding, I won't be able to justify coding at all. Nearly all my free time is spent coding and supporting. If I applied that time to something else, I would be freaking rich.

Regardless, I really don't want to debate the price bit anymore. I respect that it is too much for some peoples budgets, all I ask is that they understand my budgets

If people don't want it because its too expensive, there are other options out there for less cash and it means I have less support to do on it

Thanks for understanding.