The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Pre-Sale Questions

Before i buy GARS i got a couple questions to ask..

Can I use this for tutorial & reviews?

I was refered by someone that i am able to custom it and make it look like this:

www.caraudiojunkyard.com/songpeak.htm

Everytime I get a request, i have to manually create a new row for the table and add the information. I want to be able to just have a list that i can update easily and make it user-friendly for my members.

Creating a list like this:

www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/showroster.php

Thank you! When my questions are fully answered, i will most likely buy it!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Can i also ask you which donation hack are you using ?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi there,

I dont think GARS will do what you are trying to do. To me, it looks like you are wanting a modification that shows tabular data (update a line w/o going into the db). If you want more of a tutorial or review or article system - then GARS will fit the bill. But for just dreating a list - I dont think it would work for you.

HTHs!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 PM

Umm.. what about my other question? I want a review and tutorial system. Can i use both with a purchase of the premium mod of GARS??
Old 03-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can create tutorials, articles and a lot more with GARS. THefirst example in your post has me stumped though as that simply looks like a list (kind of like your second example). THerefore Iwas assuming that was what you were trying to accomplish. If it is - GARS may not be the best solution.

HTHs!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
You can create tutorials, articles and a lot more with GARS. THefirst example in your post has me stumped though as that simply looks like a list (kind of like your second example). THerefore Iwas assuming that was what you were trying to accomplish. If it is - GARS may not be the best solution.

HTHs!
Seems like you don't understand my question. I want to have Tutorials AND Reviews. Can I have both?

And the other request i had, don't worry about that, i have found someone to make me something custom. But can i have both tutorial and reviews seperately?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Yes. You can have an infinate number of what we call 'types' running at the same location. Essentially a type (article, review, tutorial, link directory, etc...) is assigned to a forum. That forum will then be transformed by that type according to your configuration.

In the testing ground, there are 3 basic types: Articles, link directory and reviews. Its all the same instance of GARS.

HTHs!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM

I looked everywhere and couldn't find demos. Where do i go to check out the " testing ground"? Thanks!!!!!

After checking out the testing ground, i will most likely buy it!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM

lol , n/m i found it.. thank you.