The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default [3.5.0] Suggestions

Hey everyone.

I know it's kind of early for this, but since it's under dev.. now is the perfect time.

List the features here that you would like to see in the 3.5 version of Geek Mart.
  • User Permissions (I'm sure they're planned. But just incase)
  • If there is only the small image entered, have that be in the product header (Right now it is just blank)
  • Stock amounts ("out of stock / in stock")
  • Custom Fields (Probably "per category")
  • Similar Products
Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Cheers for that

User permissions. What do you wan to see? Categories by usergroups?
The image issue should be pretty easy.
Stock amount will be a serious pain. Trying to manage dead carts full of stock can lead to a big problem. If anyone has some good ideas on this - Im very keen
Custom fileds. There are custom fields per item already (off the top of my head I think there are some category custom fields too). What type of data would you need to store?
Similar products is a feature I would really like to add for gold.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
User permissions. What do you wan to see? Categories by usergroups?
Actually, now that you ask.. and I think about it more, this probably isn't that big of a deal. I mean, you obviously want all (registered) user groups to be able to purchase, right? And that's what it already does.

Quote:
Stock amount will be a serious pain. Trying to manage dead carts full of stock can lead to a big problem. If anyone has some good ideas on this - Im very keen
Well, the reason I suggested this is because if I were to use GM right now, I would be selling t-shirts / cd's. Having an "Out of stock" option would be somewhat ideal for that in my opinion. Also offering a "pre-order / backorder" type of thing?

That's getting way into a full blown shopping cart system though, so I'm not sure where you would stand on that.

Quote:
Custom fileds. There are custom fields per item already (off the top of my head I think there are some category custom fields too). What type of data would you need to store?
Oh, do they already exist? I didn't notice.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I could use this for.. I would probably just put what I needed in the description with some HTML. But for some members who aren't sure how to code, this may be a nice feature.

Or maybe even having the vB WYSIWYG editor for submitting a product? I dunno, just throwing some ideas out.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Keep em coming.

The stock control issue is going to be a tough one. Once things settle down around here and this goes gold - if enough people want it... Ill code it

There are (if I recall right) 4 custom fields per item. 2 are editable when you edit the item itself. Im currently using those with mods as various flag holders.
For instance, the membership mod requires custom1 to hold the duration of membership and custom2 holds the usergroupid.

Hopefully most extra needs will be met with the mod system. Already I have:
A license module for purcahsing software
A membership mod for changing usergroups

Im working on:
one for renewing membership (slight variation on the above)
One to interlink with gush to sell ads and keywords to sponsors.

Its actually a pretty groovy little system that should make customization a snap
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 PM

Sounds great.

I have a couple more for you:
  • Ability to remove items
  • If no image entered, have a "Image coming soon" or another type of default image. (Like GAS for 3.0.X)
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 PM

Remove items as in from your cart? Setting the qty to zero does that - or do you want a more user friendly option?

I suppose a default image wouldnt be too difficult.

Great idea!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Oops. Sorry, I should have been more specific.
Not removing items from the cart, but from the product itself. For example, I added 5 new items to one product and ended up only using three. The other two I would like to remove.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:12 PM

ah - gotcha!

Will sort for near future release.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

With regard to items being out of stock, how about an option in the ACP to 'Mark as Out Of Stock' - removing the links allowing purchase and adding an approximate delivery date for stock [set while marking the item as out of stock] - would get around stock tracking issues.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:57 PM

Thats a nice intermidate solution!