The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 AM

Default vBSeo

dose anyone here happy with the vbseo Price and also use the Zend ?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walim
dose anyone here happy with the vbseo Price and also use the Zend ?
The price is holding me back. My board is not a commercial board and i am not thinking to make it a commercial board. I dont even have adsense enabled on my bıard right now. I am allright with purchasing paid scripts that will add a new look to my board like Gars , vba gallery for a considerable price but i dont think paying the same money as my vbulletin license to a module that only will not give a new function to my members. I am pretty happy with Dean C's modrewrite hack in vbulletin.
Also zend is the second problem. I can't find a usage of this. They expect me to use a code cannot see in my server. How fair is it ? How can i trust them 100% ?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I am.

Yes, its expensive but so is vB compared to phpBB
As far as Zend, I'm not bothered - a company has too much at stake to try and be devious with encrypted source files. And lets face it, 99% of all programs are encrypted anyway - its just rare to find php files that way.

My only grievence lies in the copyright enforcement. I would easily pay good money for a brand free option. However if it bothered me enough - I wouldnt have bought it. Thats the power of being a consumer!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Exactly thats where i am holding myself back I am thinking about it and waiting to see a little more. Let me ask you one think Geek i am wondering about a usage of vbSeo with Gars. Here i have a thread about jim morrison and in table of contents i have his writings , biography etc . Will the links in table of contents will be converted also ? This is a important thing for me cause Gars is getting more important with my board more and more everyday :P
Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Kind of. If you mean, does each page have a seperate URL - then no.

Here is a good example: http://www.thenailgeek.com/articles/22255-idols.html
Old 11-11-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I am.

Yes, its expensive but so is vB compared to phpBB
As far as Zend, I'm not bothered - a company has too much at stake to try and be devious with encrypted source files.

I use phpBB We Get 20000 members when we are in phpBB there is nathing wrong in phpBB but because i'm busy with the army and i have no time every day upgrade my phpBB board because of the security i go ask what is the best source board and i get more voto for vB so that is the only reson i go to vB nathing really wrong with phpBB if we want we can mod it and make it fully modded just like VB largest board in the net use phpBB that if u put all the largest board that use vB togather the Gaia will still #1

also phpBB have the same VBseo 100% do the same job and Free
http://phpbb.start.bg/#SEO

Quote:
And lets face it, 99% of all programs are encrypted anyway - its just rare to find php files that way.

There is Diffrents if u are talking about programs like PhotoShop and other programs that encrypted u use them for your self in your own computer .. but like a software where you hold All your info and your db and privcy about your user etc.. then i think a problem .. if u can't see the full source code..
see this thread
http://www.vbseo.com/f2/site-down-no...lanation-1578/

there is many as well that been deleted from there ..

any company that use to encrypted their php Script they are perty poor company and they dont have alot of people use their software like VB and other company that give u full soruce code ..

i'm %100 with Lizard King the price is really hight and also use the Zend

Last edited by Walim; 11-11-2005 at 06:56 PM..
Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

I dont have anything against phpBB... its what I started with. I went vB because I wanted a pro approach for my site (and I too got tired patching phpBB all the time).

As far as the thread you linked too, Juan explains it pretty well - its the first time you use it. This is to prevent you from giving it to your friend. Countless programs use an activation policy now.
As far as the difference between an encoded web script and a local application - I think its FAR more dangerous having an encrypted application on your system that could be capturing bank details and CC details. How much is really going to be accomplished captuing a bunch of email addresses when you can go buy in bulk anyway

Regardless - this will always be a contentious issue and one that I respect everyones views on. THe beauty of capitalism is that in the end your dollar decides what will and wont happen.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
I dont have anything against phpBB... its what I started with. I went vB because I wanted a pro approach for my site (and I too got tired patching phpBB all the time).

As far as the thread you linked too, Juan explains it pretty well - its the first time you use it. This is to prevent you from giving it to your friend. Countless programs use an activation policy now.
As far as the difference between an encoded web script and a local application - I think its FAR more dangerous having an encrypted application on your system that could be capturing bank details and CC details. How much is really going to be accomplished captuing a bunch of email addresses when you can go buy in bulk anyway

Regardless - this will always be a contentious issue and one that I respect everyones views on. THe beauty of capitalism is that in the end your dollar decides what will and wont happen.
Can i just ask how much more traffic your site has recieved since you bought it? Whatever i do my site doenst seem to move up the search engine listings
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM

To be honest, I havent done much math on it.

However I can say that since I installed it (about 8 weeks ago) I have had at least 5 and upward of 50 instances of Yahoos slurp on there CONSTANTLY. I mean every single minute of the day.
Google is another story. He hasnt really been by so much so I cant say he likes it better or worse.
Apart from those, MSNs on a lot more, and Jeeves is too.

My main focus is google though and like I said I cant provide figures either way. However it is making some difference
Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM

I have installing : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=91324

it work great .. The Search Engine is eating our board right know

also Dean C going to Release a new version ..