The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default For Lizard King (your PM quota got me :-)

This is what I wanted to PMyou:
Hi Lizard,

I am looking for style simillar to yours at www.ayyas.com.
Specially that rounded style features and also soft coloured one.

I guess those are yours, but can you point me to one of your kind?

Thank you .-) I like your vbstyle!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Same here Lizard, trying to PM you about that same theme got some problems
Old 11-03-2006, 11:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Emptied my pm box.

I am still trying to clear out the tables in couple places. The style you saw is mainly css. Everyday i am making some progress but it is not done yet.

This is the latest style i am working on. http://www.ayyas.com/forum.html?styleid=130 Have to work on forumdisplay a lot. But i advise you to check the header Browse around some categories or threads to see how the text in header (top right) changes.

Last edited by Lizard King; 11-03-2006 at 11:27 PM..
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Very nice indeed!

What is this in that header? Some SEO keywords or? I can see changes but hardly understand it :-)))

Also, is there anythink like this already somewhere on the market? I am fan of easy styles...

Last edited by kafi; 11-04-2006 at 08:45 PM..
Old 11-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafi
Very nice indeed!

What is this in that header? Some SEO keywords or? I can see changes but hardly understand it :-)))

Also, is there anythink like this already somewhere on the market? I am fan of easy styles...
Yep the header has dynamic keywords for each page which will improve keyword relevancy and also has the hiyerachy that google loves.

I am not sure if you can find a similar one to this because it is customized as hell and all done by me and i didn't follow the exact route that other vb style coders does. I prefered to remove tables and add divs controlled by css. Thats why this is probably one of a kind but probably if you ask for someone can code it way better then me.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Lizard is not only one of the best stylers around, but IMO is doing great things moving vB out of table layouts and into CSS layouts which few people have done successfully (most end up looking like styles from the BBS era). Personally, I would love to see him work on some commercial styles as I think he would do VERY well with them.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Lizard is not only one of the best stylers around, but IMO is doing great things moving vB out of table layouts and into CSS layouts which few people have done successfully (most end up looking like styles from the BBS era). Personally, I would love to see him work on some commercial styles as I think he would do VERY well with them.
Thanks Sam for your kind words but i bet there are tons of people who style vb better then me. I am just trying to do the best i can do. I also consedered about opening a new style website however i have the same problem you do Don't have enough time to handle all the support requests etc.. But maybe in a week or two i can make a surprise since nearly all the main bugs have been cleared.

Let me ask you guys a question by the way. If you were a customer will you prefer the rounded box or regular boxes ? Thats the point that i still couldn't decide.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 AM

Without a shadow of doubt we prefer the rounded.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:57 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

rounded = more pleasing to eye s