The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Lost Multiple Banners in RC3

In RC1, we used to have the ability to display multiple banners in an ad block. We seem to have lost this ability again in RC3 ... Do you have a work around until this can get fixed? I *was* displaying 2-3 ads in a verticle skyscraper until I mistakenly upgraded <grin> ...

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Until this can get fixed, do you still have an old RC1 release I can put back up?

Old 03-09-2006, 06:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That set up should give you multiple banners. Its not?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
That set up should give you multiple banners. Its not?
No the display above is no longer available in RC3 ... specifically, we lost the "METHOD" Show All Ads in Block fuctionality ...

Greg
Old 03-15-2006, 07:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Just tested and its fine here.

I also just noticed that your screenshot is showing an older version?

The 'method' options in RC3 are:
Show each ad below in the billboard
Randomly select 1 of the following ads for the billboard.

Maybe its an old file issue?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Just tested and its fine here.

I also just noticed that your screenshot is showing an older version?
Yes ... it shows a feature that we used to have in RC1 ... worked great <grin> ...

Quote:
The 'method' options in RC3 are:
Show each ad below in the billboard
Randomly select 1 of the following ads for the billboard.

Maybe its an old file issue?
I've gone through each menu item - item by item ... how about a step by step navigation description of how to find this option <grin> ????

Greg

Last edited by greg watson; 03-17-2006 at 01:38 AM..
Old 03-17-2006, 05:29 PM

Here is the screenshot in RC3 (and where youll find the option)

Does yours look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (95.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-20-2006, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Here is the screenshot in RC3 (and where youll find the option)
Sorry ... but I am using the GAB RC3 version that is downloadable here from this site ... not whatever version the above screenshot is from ...

Here's the RC3 screenshots ...

This shot shows you that I am running GAB RC3 <grin> ...

Quote:
Does yours look like this?
Since you don't provide any information about where "this" is ... I can only hazzard a guess <grin> ... but the obvious answer is no <grin> ... since that option is not available in the RC3 version ...

Here's my best guess of the "where" that you would like to see <grin> ...

If we can get this feature added back in ... it would be great ... but right now, the RC3 version does not provide for the Method - Show All Ads in Block that we used to have in RC1 ... the Method option is no totally missing ...

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited by greg watson; 03-20-2006 at 05:57 AM..
Old 03-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Hey Greg,

The shot I was showing is from the Billboards page (admincp-> gab ->billboards->default) and is the same shot as the one you had in your first post, but a newer version.

I am still 100% positive that you have an old file in your admincp. The version on your screenshot above is from importing the product which looks right, just re-upload the admincp file (heck, replace them all) with the latest package as its not right.

Here is your screenshot of admincp-> gab ->billboards->default if I understand right:
http://www.iowabeautiful.com/images/multipleads.jpg

Compare it to my attachment above.

Then you can see what I mean

HTHs
Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Testing now ... admin_class_core was not being overwritten (file permission problem?)

Greg

Last edited by greg watson; 03-22-2006 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-22-2006, 09:00 PM

The March 22nd version of RC3 works (sort of)...
  1. I now have a billboard option in the GAB admin ...
  2. I now have multiple ads which is FANTASTIC ...

Only one little bugaboo right at the moment ...

Under:
GAB >BANNERS>[select a banner ID]

I have a forums option which allows me to select the option

>SELECT FORUMS

... so I can select which forums the ads are to be displayed in. I can click on specified forums to highlight them

However, these ads are being displayed in all forums ...

Under:
GAB >BILLBOARDS>

I have selected Categories>Selected Categories>SkyScraper for both Ad#1 and Ad#2 thus two ads should be displayed in a skyscraper.

Ad ID#1 is set for ALL Forums
Ad ID#2 is set for SELECTED FORUMS and only has forum #8 selected
Ad ID#3 is set for SELECTED FORUMS and only has forum #13 selected
Ad ID#4.....12 are also set for SELECTED FORUMS and each onlyhave one forum selected.

Ad ID numbers ID#1 and ID#2 are being displayed in all forums - i.e. AD ID#2 is being displayed in ALL Forums, not just forum #8 like it is selected for.

This is forcing ads into rotation and ads that are not supposed to be displayed in a given forum are being displayed at randomn.

Greg

Greg

Last edited by greg watson; 03-22-2006 at 09:06 PM..