The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-21-2006, 03:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Cool Suggestion for us non-hackers

I have never had the time to really get into learning the template structure of vBulletin to the point that I am doing anything other than taking shots in the dark at where to place banners. So I offer the suggestion that a list of recommended templates and placement within the template be posted for your top 5 or 10 places to position a banner ad in vBulletin.
Allcompu.com
ExpressClipart.com
Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The most standard is at the very end of the navbar maybe some others can pitch in where they stick them and Ill compile a list.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
The most standard is at the very end of the navbar maybe some others can pitch in where they stick them and Ill compile a list.
How about you make an add-on modification that uses an str_replace to the templatecache to add the advert code in different areas. I would, but I don't have a license to that specific product.

I do that all the time in some of my hacks at vB.org and use it alot at my own website to save me grief when upgrading.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Cole, its a good suggestion and Ill look into it - my only hesitation is that str_replace is still a prettu heavy process on large areas of code. However you have given me a good idea for a potentially similar solution