The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Question Is Gars 100% bug free

Hi,

I use to use the lite version way back but i took it out cause it caused high load on the server, is this issue been taken care? can gars be used on big sites?
If it is then i will buy the software.

P.s Also if it was confirmed that this addon doesn't cause high load and I bough it and it did, can i have the refund for this modification, cause i wouldn't want to pay for nothing that i couldn't use cause it causes issues, and plz don't tell me to run the debug system, my sites runs without 0 server issue. So I don't have time to install it, and keep testing how to control the load cause gars is causing it.

Last edited by miyukichii; 09-21-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The answer last time is the same answer this time. Perhaps others will come along and share their server load with you.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 AM

I have another question, in articles

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3706

why can't we see avatar, info, rep bar etc.. ? in postbit_legacy, is there an addon for this ?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 AM

If support is that slow, i won't buy this mod at all.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyukichii View Post
I have another question, in articles

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3706

why can't we see avatar, info, rep bar etc.. ? in postbit_legacy, is there an addon for this ?

To achieve this you would just have to set up the moduletype you use to use postbit_legacy instead of GARS_comment
Old 09-24-2008, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordinho View Post
To achieve this you would just have to set up the moduletype you use to use postbit_legacy instead of GARS_comment
is there a thread that shows how to do so ?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please see http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index.php/Template_Sets
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I am using Gars on all of my servers and i never face any load problem that is related with gars
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Thumbs up

no app is bug free are you?
I have been working with this app only a month and it works get.

I wish I would have found it faster.
Also the source code is open so you can fix issues that most likely is something
that you would like to do that it was not designed for.

Again Great job Morgan.
Cheers,
Brian