The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-02-2007, 09:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Is the thread preview the same or have you entered that as the synopsis?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I entered it in the synopsis.
I don't see the problem in other place.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Looks like its a double HTML removal bug as a result of the change to safeguard against the XSS security bug. Post it in the tracker and ill get to it asap.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Please note, I have uploaded a 2.1.8c to address a problem with some configurations and custom fields. This update requires an upload of the files and uploading of the product-xml as there are 2 template changes associated with the custom field thumb rows.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I did the upgrade to 2.1.8c , and now i don't have the problem.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

you said in your first post that 2.1.8c is not the latest release. or did you mean to say is now? im lost lol

should i download and update to 2.1.8c or is it only for those who have problems?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Sorry horn, typo on my part (what was I thinking).

If youre not having any problems, there isnt a big need although it is always best to be running the latest.
In a nutshell, if youre not using the thumbnail custom fields, and you dont mind a broken link in your admincp's type window... you really dont need to update
Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Is anyone missing any phrases in the Admin CP? I upgraded from an early 2.0.x version, and now the descriptions for certain options (e.g. "show member rating in threadbit") are missing.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:54 AM

They are just blank?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
They are just blank?
Correct, but the "Yes" and "No" radio buttons are still there.

When I did the upgrade, I uploaded all of the files except for the "cache" directory, as it was giving me some permissions issues. Could this have affected it?

FWIW, vB tells me that my GARS_custom_row and GARS_tools templates have to be updated, but it doesn't look like these would have any bearing on this.