The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-06-2006, 08:26 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ya, post it in the bug tracker. A quick workaround is to select Copy of an existing module set. Then tweak it how you want it.

THe synopsis is now hidden by default. Check the type for the setting

Any other thoughts yet? Module manager easier to use?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Any other thoughts yet? Module manager easier to use?
Love the tools. Right there where you need them.

Custom fields are gonna get played with this weekend. I modified the first install module (baby stage) to display a image based on checked boxes. So we are going off to experiment.

Fell in love with the ioncube encryptions. Have to read up on that to this weekend. Made the mistake of going to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. About threw a cow when it came back no permissions

Have a fun trip in London. Say hello to parliment for me.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:30 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I'm loving it so much I've put it up live. Only a few template problems so far.

Am I correct in assuming I can just upload images to the correct folder for the gallery?

Anyhow, loving' it! Great work!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Before another (less humored) mexican starts screaming at you because may 5th it's not independence day in México, I tell you it's the day the "Battle of Puebla" was fought and won against the French army that was occupying our country. Our actual independence day from the late Spaniard empire it's september 16th. Yeah I know... WHO CARES 2.0 IT'S HERE!!!!1111eleven!.

Ok, I'm off to try to install on my test forum.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

ha! Thanks Hell! I could of sworn it was Cinqo de Mayo (forgive the horrid bastardization/spelling!)

Blue: You should be able to upload via the gallery:
admincp->gars->types then choose gallery fom the drop down menu

Make sure you post bugs in the tracker!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Geek, thought of a workaround for that problem I was having with vBA left column.
My guys on the forum like their left column, so I have cancelled the vBA one but installed the 'Left column on all pages' hack from vB.org with complete success.
Everybody is happy (for the moment.)
I know it's only a bandaid, but it'll do for the moment.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:07 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

ACK! No support for Zend?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
You will only be able to run your package on a local machine OR the domain listed in the license manager
Anyone know how to use it on a local machine? I'm getting:
The encoded file is not permissioned for 127.0.0.1
Old 05-07-2006, 07:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grae
Anyone know how to use it on a local machine? I'm getting:
The encoded file is not permissioned for 127.0.0.1
If you haven't already, you need to pop along to HERE and select the platform on which your local server is installed (they cover pretty well all of them.) and read the destructions carefully.... fairly bullet proof m8
Old 05-07-2006, 06:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

Still no support for a nice front page replacing my current "news" feature on vBadvanced? I would really love a module that shows the GARS articles/tests/etc. properly formatted on my front page.

My site currently looks like this using GARS: http://avforum.com

...and although the system is excellent "back office", I would love for my visitors to also experience the GARS mod as a journalistic expansion at the moment they enter the site!

I would prefer to be able to choose 3-5 featured articles/tests etc. for top exposures with only images and heading, and show a defined amount of other articles/tests etc. chronologically, like for example www.Hardware.no.

Any change such a mod or something simimal may be available for vBadvanced soon?