The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ramses - it shouldnt be doing that now.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thats what I was trying to point out in several of my posts, it is still doing it on my site. The url comes out as http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/www.mysite.com

Only once or twice it hasnt, the other 50 times it has.

As for the image service, what one do you think is the best?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmmm.... it isnt happening here or on my other site. Im wondering if you have the latest files from here (I would have assumed so).

In fact, you should be able to enter www.mysite.com and then look in the db and see that it has appended the http:// part to it. Double check that and get back to me.

As far as image service, I dont really know, I only use the one
Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

okay I have worked out what links dont work

links that have a hypen in them eg. www.buy-host.com that link turns out like http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/www.buy-host.com

links that dont end in a / eg. www.yahoo.com/ comes out like http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/www.yahoo.com/

links where people add a folder extension to the end eg. www.gamerzneeds.net/forums comes out like http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/ww...eds.net/forums

This is 3 examples where the linking system wont work at all.

and yes im running all the latest versions as i've only been a member for a few days now.

Hopefully this can be sorted out in the next update or an early patch given.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Think I got it. I just uploaded another package... only file changed was geek/gars/mods/persist/snap.php. Try that and let me know
Old 09-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

For me it's fine now, even it catched the image (don't know if it has anything to do with this file change?).
Two more questions, (1) if it's only one file change, can I put it also into my second domain or need I download the package from the other domain again?
(2) You oversee my posting here I think, need a hint for that.
Thanks and many hugs.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM

Uploaded new files, nothing changed, all the above are still occuring.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:14 PM

It wont sort the subdomain problem, or domains ending in slahes, etc... as that is thumbnailer specific. All this change does is deal with the http:// not being appended in certain situations.

Ramses - I dont really follow your first question. If you mean "can you use the same package on your other domain" then yup. This is only an add on for GARS. As long as you have a valid GARS license, feel free to use the same package on all of them if you want.
Getting the forum name is a little trickier than just pulling the forum id. In thoery you should be able to add a line of code to use the forumcache however I would have to play with it before I can give you the answer
Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry, I was confused as I wrote down that, downloaded the gars package first and after doesn't find the snap file remembered it was the links package I need.
To the second, thought it will be not so easy, but thanks for tryin it.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
It wont sort the subdomain problem, or domains ending in slahes, etc... as that is thumbnailer specific. All this change does is deal with the http:// not being appended in certain situations.
but im not refering to the thumbnails im refering to the link that it gives you in the button (www) they dont work as specified above.

Thanks.