The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-31-2006, 08:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Thumbs down Can't Open a Toruble Ticket

It says I don't have permission.

Anyways, I still can't display more than the same two banners. Even though I've uploaded 4 this is becoming a serious problem as I have paying sponsers.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ive resonded on your thread... the support system is screwy, ill see if I can make some progress with it tonight. Its a hack from vb.org, so im not exactly sure what the problem is.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I finally ended up removing it from my site, a lot of the code seemed to me to be only half implemented and counter-intuitive (or not functioning at all)

I ended up modifying Abe1's "Form Hack" (formerly Erwin's for hack) and his add-on hack that re-directs the newthread button to the appropriate form. With a little creativity in vbulletins permissions system, you can make it so that people can "submit trouble tickets" to a forum where they will only be able to see their own tickets.

I added a quick query to automatically subscribe the "customer" to the thread for instant notification of any replies and I added the people in charge of dealing with the tickets to the admin notification list for that forum for any new threads.

With all of the new in-line moderating goodies, especially the ability to close threads by checking the boxes and hitting the button, it ended up being a pretty slick "support system"

I've been meaning to try and write up a tutorial for it, or try and clean up my code and release it, but just haven't had the time. So much of what I added was specific to my board anyway that it would probably be easier for someone to just do it on their own than try and reverse engineer all of the stuff I did.

(sorry for hijacking the thread)
Old 02-01-2006, 07:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That sounds cool War. If you do, let me know about it. I have the ticket system working now - however I have to agree that to me its not ideal.