The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-28-2005, 02:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hello,

Thats what I was trying to say. When an item is out of stock, the buttons to add it to the cart or purchase it don't display. So, there isn't a chance of them buying it at the same time. Since the stock quatity is displayed, if a user adds it to their cart....but doesn't complete the checkout, and someone else comes in and buys it, the other user that tried to "save" their cart is told that the item has been sold.

It may piss them off, but all stores are first come first served. Had they finished the checkout, they would have gotten it and the other person wouldn't have seen the button at all to add it to the cart.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:49 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Hello,

Thats what I was trying to say. When an item is out of stock, the buttons to add it to the cart or purchase it don't display. So, there isn't a chance of them buying it at the same time. Since the stock quatity is displayed, if a user adds it to their cart....but doesn't complete the checkout, and someone else comes in and buys it, the other user that tried to "save" their cart is told that the item has been sold.

It may piss them off, but all stores are first come first served. Had they finished the checkout, they would have gotten it and the other person wouldn't have seen the button at all to add it to the cart.
you can also add (if possible) that say there is 1 item left in stock and 2 people add that item to cart... while one continues shopping the other completes check out...

what could happen is once the item is out of stock the members', thats still shopping, cart would be updated and say Item Out of stock next to the order... see picture

effectively showing the customer that they have waited to long to check the item out... also the system would not even try to check that item out and the shopper can continue checkout of the other items in the cart without having to remove the "out of stock" item from the cart since its basically not in the cart {if you go shopping at a grocery store and you want lettuce and there is no lettuce can you put it in your cart? (all this does is show the customer that the lettuce they had is gone)}
Old 09-03-2005, 10:05 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill look at adding stock control to the current cycle, however I MAY put that off until I can get a gold, then develop it as a future feature.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I would like the ability to turn off the quantity option. I have no use for it with my setup.