The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-05-2005, 06:20 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Can only get to work like 85% of the way?

I'd guess that'd be about a close estimate.

I have the banner showing up in showthread, and wherver else i want it, EXCEPT on my forums main page(index.php)

I've renamed, the original index.php to forums.php when i installed vbacmps and made that my index.php.

hopefully that wasn't to confusing. Now what must i change to have these show up on my forums main page.

And i'd like to be able to rotate them as well. Thanks
-dave
Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

have you checked out the readme? The troubleshooting portion of the readme outlines most common problems for scripts not showing up right.

Make sure all scripts are set to use master (for easiest setup anyway)
Make suer all categories are active and all scripts in each category (and forums) are ticked.
Make sure the banners have valid start/end dates and are active
Make sure that all usergroups are set to view banners (settings)
Make sure no one can toggle them on off (via settings)

Thats the most common checklist.

Let me know if it helps
Old 11-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

LincolnForums were you able to get the banners to show on your renamed forumhome page? I'm having the same problem, have double checked my settings and it still won't show. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Please let me know if you found the solution.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

If this is the same problem as I had, here's how it was solved on mine, with help from TheGeek:

In the AdminCP, select GAB Manager, then In ADBLOCKS create a new Individual Script ... in my case I needed it on index.php - so I added index. Make sure both boxes are ticked.

Then go back to the CATEGORIES part and click on the category of banner you're using (or all if you're using all types), use the far right drop down menu and select Edit. Second section down should be Scripts, make sure your new additions are ticked, in my case they weren't - causing the banners to not show on the main page. You can also select which forums they appear in - mine are set to all, but you may prefer to change this.

HTH, let me know if it works

Jase

Last edited by Jason; 11-09-2005 at 08:08 PM..
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 PM

Thumbs up

That did it! Adding the new script "index" was the missing step. Thank you! This was driving me nuts!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 PM

Glad it worked, it drove me mad as well, when I actually saw what I'd missed I realised it was fairly easy to miss .... if anything it's a little hidden away.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yea, this is really the only thing holding GAB back from going RC and gold - I think that there are too many nooks and crannies where settings can hide. I want to simplify it a bit. Apart from that - I dont ever get any complaints at all from it.