The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 AM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default GAB on vBadvanced Links 2.01 pages?

I know the Geek is out for a while, but someone else may have some experience with this?

Since I upgraded to vBandvanced Links 2.01 from a 1.0? version my GAB banners stopped showing up, has anyone else had this problem. In the new Photopost vBgallery they show on the index, but I have the GAB code in the variables box. I have all the Links pages in my GAB scripts page, it just seemed to stop. Thought I would ask around.

Thanks in advance.

Russell Thomas
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

You mean just the the vba home page or all pages?

Take a look at the debug info make sure your $GAB_ads[0] variables are still in tack and that the vba upgrade didn't over write the template where you had them.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM

I am sorry, I didn't word my post very clearly, I was referring to my header banner that I have on all my pages (or did), they still show up on the forums, CMPS, gallery index (need to add the other pages to GAB script page now it would apear), it did however stop showing up on any of the vBadvanced Links pages.

To re-itterate, after upgrades GAB Header banners stopped working in vBadvanced Links pages Only, all my other banners are working correctly through out the forums (PhotoPost vBgallery only has them on the gallery home/index page but I don't want to make my question anymore difficult) and CMPS portal.

Sorry that I was unclear and I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

That's weird cause if you have your Gab variable in the header then it should appear on all page that you have the script selected.

Did you upgrade your gallery too? If so maybe the script name changed for the gallery. Forget now but when I upgraded my gallery there was something screwie and it was because they changed some names or something.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Yes, I upgraded vBulletin from 3.5.5 to 3.6.8 and all the plugins including CMPS, PhotoPost vBgallery, vBlinks and GAB . The gallery interface has the global variable or whatever it is called where I put the GAB , but I only have one gallerypage in my GAB scripts page, so I think I have to find out what all the pages are called and add them. As for the links, I have all the pages listed in the GAB scripts page unless they were renamed and I need to adjust them.

I just haven't had time to investigate deeply, my site (CMS not vBulletin) was hacked and I had to recreate it from a May 2006 backup to make sure I didn't have any of the malicious scripts that had compromised my site and since I was doing all that I moved from shared hosting to VPS and a different company, basically major upgrades all around and I am chasing down the functionality issues before cosmetic

Thanks again, I am sure I will get to the bottom of it once I get some time, I was just trying to alleviate some of the work load by seeing someone else already tracked this down.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 PM

The solution for the Links pages was on the scripts page to make sure the pages I wanted to show were named with "links_" in from of the pages like "reply" hence they have to be "links_reply" for a name and now they all show the banner , this did not work on the gallery, I still can only get the index to show banners, but for now I fixed the links pages anyways!