The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-17-2007, 04:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default GARS and IE 7

Gars isn't really jiving with IE7 on a few levels. It looks superb in FF yet IE7 is having trouble containing the content for my forums with fixed widths.

Please see view these pages in IE7 and FF to see the difference:

http://www.prenatalyogacenter.com/fo...t=2061&garpg=4

Content area is pushing everything else out. Text in table of Contents and module is centered.

http://www.prenatalyogacenter.com/fo...t=2061&garpg=2

Same thing here. This seems to be happening because I have a table of contents and am breaking pages (which btw is an awesome feature).

I've narrowed it down to images. If I add an image with BBcode it mucks up the format in IE7.

I'm currently on GARS 2.0.0.

Last edited by waltercat; 02-17-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Old 02-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I can only suspect an IE7 bug in rendering the inline image. You can try editing the GARS_pb template to remove the justify alignment to see if that helps
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Which part is the justify alignment section. Sorry, the pb template is a pretty confusing template for a novice like me.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

lol - just search for align="justify" and remove it
Old 02-20-2007, 02:25 AM

Oh, I had already tried that and it didn't work. I thought there may have been another section. I still have the problem. It happens when I add images. Text by itself works fine.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Try this: Edit GARS_pb and change:

style="padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px;"

to

style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px";
Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 AM

No that doesn't work either.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM

huh, I downloaded a local copy of the page in question and played around with it for a time - that did the trick for me. There are several IE7 rendering issues - one of them cenetered around child elements inheriting margins which I suspect may be the problem
Old 02-24-2007, 04:35 PM

I guess I'll try to fiddle around with the style, since it is a child style that I am using for my forum. When I removed it from the parent made some changes to the site, so I need to figure out how to remove it from the parent and then make the changes I need.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can remove the space by modifiying toc.php file.

Open public_html/forum/geek/gars/mods/display/toc.php search for <ul> and change it with <ul class='smallfont' style='list-style-position: inside;'>