The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It sounds like you would need to edit the modules to appear along side of the sub categories then. IIRC, they appear along side of the threadlisting which means no threads=no modules
Old 01-30-2007, 09:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
It sounds like you would need to edit the modules to appear along side of the sub categories then. IIRC, they appear along side of the threadlisting which means no threads=no modules
THats right! Could you give me some hints?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Just check out the GARS_forumdipsplay template. You will see the conditionals for showing the blocks inside a conditional that tests if there are any threads to show
Old 02-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Just check out the GARS_forumdipsplay template. You will see the conditionals for showing the blocks inside a conditional that tests if there are any threads to show
Sweet! Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 PM

Another thing Geek! I got this to work but is there a possibuillity to show threadbit from a child forum in the childforums mainforum?

Example.

Audi
-----A4
--------Thread(article)1a

This it how it works now.

I want it to work like this.

Audi
----Thread(article)1a
---------------------A4
-----------------------Thread(article)1a

By doing it this way the user can see all Audi articles from all the different makes (example A4, A6 etc...). It would be really cool.

Understand?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Sadly, no there isnt. That would require a totally new page for displaying threads. The way it is right now merely changes the way vB displays the threads.

HTHs
Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Okay then i have to use the filter you told me about. I have now set up the filter but unless i want a filter for each brand (witch would be alot) is there a possible to have a filter for a spesific category only?

For example the Audi filter should include all the Audi Models A2, A3 etc...! But i dont want the Audi filter appear in the BMW category/forum, only in the AUdi category. Is this possible? I cannot find any options for it?

best regards

Marius
Old 02-16-2007, 04:55 PM

You can only filter on 1 value. IIUC you are asking to filter on multiple values which currently can not be done