The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-25-2006, 03:22 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Just posting a refresh on this so that it brings the problem to the front again.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:52 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Another month has gone by. Was wondering if there was any progress on this yet?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Nope. Been flat out with GARS and GAL issues.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:13 AM

I just check the tracker and you closed my ticket for the third time? Does that mean you actually look at it and fixed it this time. The ticket was #208 - Expiration dates not working (still).

If you did fix it then where is the new version of GAB ? I believe I am running RC4 now it is does not work still. Did you make a change to RC4?

If this works not then that would be totally awesome.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yea, I fixed it. It was the only change in the package. You need to make sure that the cron job is set up right as it is what will trigger the active status.

HTHs
Old 12-14-2006, 05:53 PM

My cron job is set up right. I know it is because it removes banners that have expired. If you have fixed it then where is the update. Like I said I believe I have RC4 in now and it does not work.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:08 PM

The query wont pull banners that have expired regardless of if the cron job ran or not. Can you triple check as I spent a couple hours the other day testing around this to make sure I had it right specifically for this issue.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:48 AM

I am going to download RC4 and install it and then try it again. I think I may not have RC4 in. I will get back to you on this.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:27 AM

I just installed RC4 and it works but this is another problem. Let me explain step by step what I did and then I will explain the problem.

It was 4 minute before midnight and my cron job had not run yet. Here is what I did.

I created a banner ( banner 1) and set the start date to 01 Dec 2006 and expiration date to 14 Dec 2006 and I made it active.

I created a second banner ( banner 2) and set the start date to 15 Dec 2006 and the expiration date to 31 Dec 2006 and I did not make it active.

I created a third banner ( banner 3) and set the start date to 1 Dec 2007 and the expiration date to 31 Dec 2007.

I waited until 10 minutes after midnight and here is what happened.

Banner 1 is no longer displaying. This is how it is suppose to work, but it has a check mark in the active block (I can live with that for now, but it would be nice if it removed the check mark from the active block).

Banner 2 now displays like it is suppose to. So this means that you have fixed the problem.

Now the problem is with banner 3. After the cron job runs it becomes active. For some reason it is not recognizing the year as being next years date. It should not become active until next December.

Should I put in a bug tracker on this or are you going to look at it real quick?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:02 AM

hmmm... Not sure how that would be the case - but none the less, post a bug so I dont lose it