Thread: Crisis Update
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Crisis Update

It has been a couple of weeks since I have returned from vacation only to find our family business in a serious crisis. Since then, I stopped all sales of scripts from this site as I could not spend any time in development and support.

Things are not looking much better time wise for me. Meanwhile I am overly conscious about my customers inability to gain the recognised support and assistance from this site that I am known for. This has been a real challenge for me as I am very proud of what has been accomplished on this site, yet my family (and this crisis) must take priority.

A couple of weeks ago, I put some 'feelers' out to try and find help in support and development, however they haven't yielded any real viable results. At this stage I am forced to find some sort of solution that is better than permanently killing off my scripts.

The only solution I can see at this stage is to submit the latest builds to .org in hopes that the community will be able to pick up development and support of the projects. This of course brings up the dilemma of making all of my previously paid scripts free. While this is not very fair for those that may have paid for them, I believe that it is more fair then completely killing them off. At least .org may provide the needed support and growth that I can not currently provide.
I have emptied out my paypal account to issue refunds for everyone as far back as I can afford to (about the last month of purchases). I would go back further than that, however I think that a month is fair and the reality is that I now have only about 24 cents in my account!

Thank you all for your support. I have loved working on these scripts and I have loved the long term friendship that has evolved with so many of you. If I could have it any other way - I would... but my family must take priority just as your family must take priority for you.

Thank you for your understanding

Samuel