Thread: GAZ info
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Smile

wow the modules look great and imo it should be real easy to extend this for anything thank you geek.
I have some more questions and some suggestions

1) I am noticing that the mail you sent out uses the vb stylesheets for styling. Plus you are not using inline style statements. That would work on desktop clents(actually only on desktop clients will it work perfectly), but on say gmail, there seems to be major problems in rendering.(see attachment) thw whole stylehas been discarded. On phplist i tend to avoid using css as far as possible for styling and instead use tables and inline css. see this article(http://www.xavierfrenette.com/articl...ebmail/#others)
notice that outside of body everything will be stripped.
well so the mantra is inline css, avoid divs and floats(again hotmail, gmail hate both)

Anyway this is on simpler styles. If you have a custom style on board, then there are even more problems.(yes you can create a simple style for newsletters) but it still won't fix the css issues.
So point being a template for newsletter is very essential. Uses tables to render. A basic template with variables for module and header and logo insertion (say {gaz_modul1}at top for 1st module and so on defined within the template.,) That way the overall structure of the module will be available to the user to change(although it would be a mean ask )So you can have templates defined for this as (gaz_main - as the master template, gaz_module1 as say module template and so on and by default use table positioning and inline css.)

2) Also i didn't quite see this in screenshots but is this feature present? I would want that if i code a custom module, i should be able to see the that its rendering or picking up per newsletter before i send. Love the modules approach though

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (164.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by acers; 03-28-2007 at 04:10 AM..