View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Ive been pouring over the code and tweaking the last few days. Ill have to double check when I get home - however what is going to be difficult is getting each item code, price and quantity.
By the time you are at paypal mode, the order is wrapped up and the lines are not directly availible.
That just looked like the most convenient place to me ...

Quote:
In other words, if you buy 2 items, are you supposed to do 2 tracking lines?
It would be helpful ... The code can actually be put in earlier in the order process when items are added to the cart ... but there really needs to be an "order Id" created that early in the process ....

The most critical thing for me is to be able to match up an order ID ... I can match up 2 "add products" tracking lines to one order payment tracking line just fine as long as I have an Order ID ...

For me ... the added value of having an Order ID early ... is that I can setup an affiliate program to pay different commissions on different product items. For example, if we use Geek Products as an example ... we could setup the GMart product ID to have a 75% commission, GAL to have a 50% commission, and GARS to have a 25% commission ...

So if I can put the tracking code in earlier in the order process back when an item is added to a cart ... the affiliate program will be able to track individual items, calculate an individual commission by product ... and then ... when payment is received "approve" the sale ... and pay the appropriate commission ...

I looked at the GMart templates ... I don't know which templates are used earlier in the process ...

Does that help any?

Greg