View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 07:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietLang
A. Does it act as a stand alone script, or does it have to be integrated with vB 3.5? I have vB so it dosn't matter much, but I'd like to know.
It requires vB3.5 in order to run.

Quote:
1. Multiple chapters - Such as the Bible, it has multiple chapters/sections/books. Rather than inserting all of them separately (such as articles), when visitors click in, they will se the table of content and/or index for a multi-chapter books.
This is kind of tough to answer. I guess the easiest answer is no. Each article can span multiple pages and there is a module to display a table of contents for multi page spanning articles. What I would most likely do in that instance is create a forum for a book and new threads (articles) for the chapters. However that may be too much work for what you are after.

Quote:
1.1 Ability to add a title to each chapter (e.g. Mark's Gospel, Luke's Gospel, Bookd of Revelation etc.) within the Bible.
You could do that using the technique mentioned above. You can also name each 'page' in gars by using the [break=title] bbcode

Quote:
2. Sorting by titles, authors, translators, senders, top voted, and top viewed
You could sort by all of the above except for translators and top voted.
Quote:
2.1 Some books will have multiple authors, translators, and senders. Click in
any one of them will reveal all of each individual works as well as co-authored works.
If each chapter was done as a thread then I guess that could be done.
Quote:
3. Categories and sub-categories
Done!
Quote:
4. Search Engines Optimization
I would suggest www.vbseo.com for that. They have built in GARS functionality. Otherwise, vb3.5 isnt too bad by itself

Quote:
5. If GARS doesn't have many of the above features, any plan on adding them for future releases? Basically with all of these implements, it can be used for very much anything you want from articles, lyrics, ebooks, poems, reviews, etc.
Right now, it can easily be used for any of the items you just mentioned. I think it would do what you are after - however the chapter thing may not carry over as well unless they were made as seperate threads.

Quote:
6. Can be integrated with forum skin, or you can easily create your own skin for it.
It integrates 100% with your vB skin

Hop the helps!