View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Here's my problem:

If I enter the following as a HTML/BBcode:
HTML Code:
[quote]Greetings to all members of and visitors to TLO. I'm pleased to publish here for the first time [I]The Conspiracy Against the Human Race: A Short Life of Horror[/I]. This is a work of nonfiction. All comments of an editorial or critical nature will be most welcome. Brief impressionistic commentary and even remarks of personal abuse will also be received with appreciation.

My grateful thanks to Brian Edward Poe for making this presentation of [I]The Conspiracy Against the Human Race[/I] both possible and sightly.

- Thomas Ligotti[/quote]

<hr>
Thomas Ligotti has graciously allowed THOMAS LIGOTTI ONLINE to publish [I]The Conspiracy Against the Human Race: A Short Life of Horror[/I] online prior to going to print in book format.  Feedback, whether positive or negative, is highly encouraged as this is Tom's primary motivation for making it available in this format. As it may change upon print publication, the reading community is can also offer input on typographic errors, word errors, problems of sense, etc.

This book is for "those for whom philosophical and literary works of pessimism, nihilism, and defeatism are essential to their being."  It is like nothing that Tom has ever had published in the past.

Upon publication by Durtro, the electronic version will likely be removed from TLO.  Duplication beyond printing for personal use and exchange in any manner of is forbidden.  If you wish for someone to receive a copy, direct them to TLO.  As a reader and collector, I encourage all that read and enjoy the book online to follow through with a purchase of the Durto release as a show of support to both the author and the publisher.  

Two presentation variants are offered online:[LIST][*]The first is in article form within The Repository.  A great effort was put forth to format the document in a manner to allow ease of reading and navigation.  Each section has been subdivided for an extensive hyperlinked table of contents.  Footnotes are cross-hyperlinked to allow for easily toggling between the point of reference and the footnote itself. Anyone visiting TLO can read the document online.  Printing is also allowed, though the formatting device utilized currently omits section titles from the printed document.
[URL=http://www.ligotti.net/forumdisplay.php?f=82]CATHR Online Presentation[/URL][*]The second of the presentation variants is as a downloadable PDF.  Access to this file is limited to registered TLO members.  Non-members are encouraged to register if interested in acquiring the document in this format.  Registration is free and as selectively private as you wish.  This is the format which should best accommodate generation of a printed hard copy.  Again, this file should not be distributed beyond the realm of TLO.
[URL=http://www.ligotti.net/local_links.php?catid=12]CATHR Download Presentation[/URL][/LIST]I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Tom for his generosity in allowing the online community first access to this monumental work.  Longtime TLO visitors will recall that [I]Crampton[/I] and [I]My Work is Not Yet Done[/I] were also allowed pre-print online publication.  I am proud to have been able to help in continuing this tradition.  Enjoy the book and be sure to interact within TLO!
[URL=http://www.ligotti.net/forumdisplay.php?f=259]CATHR Forum Discussion[/URL]
See the attachment for the output result in my newsletter (whether previewing or viewing via newsletter.php). Notice that the entire section within the quote tags above is missing from the newsletter. Out of curiosity, I tried changing it to PHP tags, and it was still missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GAZ-Sample.jpg (59.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Dr. Bantham; 05-23-2007 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: CODE Tag Behaving Badly - Switched to HTML Tag