View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The page here uses your forum templates for viewing in a browser. The preview here uses the GAZ templates for a preview of what is sent to the email reader.

The header of the preview is the gaz_html_header template. You need to edit that template so that the header appears as you prefer. For reasons discussed here you cannot use relative links, JavaScript, external/non-inline CSS.

There are the gaz_html_header, gaz_html_navbar, and gaz_html_footer templates that you can edit for each style as you prefer. Use absolute http:// links, not relative links, do not use JavaScript, use inline CSS, not external CSS files, etcetera, so that you have a better chance that the receiver's email reader does not strip out parts of the HTML email.

If you try to use exact replicates of your forum templates, it will not look good in an email reader, as many email readers strip out/do not permit the "fancy" stuff you can use on a webpage. There is further explanation about this on this page.

After you make edits to the GAZ templates, go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Issues -> click the issue -> check the Refresh Layout box -> Save -> do another preview to see the changes.

As for the vBSEO links in the footer of the preview, there is this that is in your gaz_html_footer template, not a part of GAZ itself, but removing it seemed to have no effect.
Code:
<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'newsletter'"><!--<!--VBSEO_ARCHIVE_LINKS-->--></if>
As I do not use vBSEO and am not familiar with that script, I cannot tell you why it adds itself to the GAZ preview nor can I tell you what you need to do to get vBSEO off the GAZ preview page, but maybe there is a vBSEO setting that you can use to exempt pages from being affected by vBSEO, something you'd need to check with the vBSEO people about.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams