Thread: Crisis Update
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Sorry to hear that the crisis has not changed much. I truly hope it'll get better very soon, family before business, your choice is absolutely right.

I hate to see though your great projects going to nirvana. I also hate seeing them given away for free. I of course checked my paypal account as I just purchased a month ago (July 18th) and my account has not been credited. Which in a way I find o.k. although it is a bit disturbing having just missed it for a day or two.

The fact that you refunded at all I find very noble and also businesslike. As when I purchased I did not only purchase the license, I also purchased 1 year of updates, which of course now there won't be any. Since you already refunded everyone as far back as possible it doesn't matter anymore, but to refund pro rata temporis as far back instead of refunding in full might have been something to think about. But maybe you did that anyway.

I agree with others that say that .org will not be much of a support. Can't you find anyone who will take over this site and give support until you come back or if that's not possilbe keep the site? Your stuff is so great it shouldn't be given away for free. If someone else is capable of updating and supporting, it might be interesting for him/her knowing they wouldn't have to do it for free.

Wish you all the best and still hope you'll be back in the near future.

Thanks for everything
Greets
Steigi