View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1: Uninstalling GARS does not remove post or thread content. If you use the [BREAK=New Page] tag to get multiple pages to the article, then you could have [BREAK=New Page] type tags in the first post of GARS related threads upon uninstallation, but there is an option to 'Supress New Page' to turn off the 'New Page' button on the editor. Multi-pages threads would still be multi-pages threads.

2: You can set up different ratings and then choose whatever rating you want in the type for a particular forum, and each forum can have a different type if you want, or no type at all. The GARS rating is separate from the vB thread rating. More on ratings can be found here and more on types can be found here.

3: GARS comes with its own default templates, listed here. You can set whatever templates you want to use in places of the GARS default templates. If you want to use customized templates, you can do that but you need to have some template customization skills to create the look and feel you want. You should also know, just as with vB itself, not all variables are available in all templates.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams