View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS 2.1.4 Release Discussion

I have uploaded GARS 2.1.4 to the download area for active license holders. Please read this thread before downloading as it contains important information regarding upgrading and installing.

2.1.4 address all confirmed current issues and adds a new feature: Sub forums in columns.

I consider this an RC of the sub forums in columns function as I have only tested it on about 6 forums. In order to put your sub forums in columns, edit the type that controls the forum and scroll down to 'How many columns for sub forums?' option. 1 or above will put any sub forums appearing into that many columns. Pretty straight forward stuff. Once I upgrade my other site, Ill post a link for an example.

Upgrading:

Please note that due to vB add on limitations, upgrading will erase any custom phrases and templates assigned to GARS via the GARS add on importer. Therefore it is important that before you upgrade, export any custom translations. Once upgrade is complete, re import any add ons (i.e. the release add on or the link directory add on) choosing the 'phrases and templates only' option.

It is also important to note that I have updated the release add on to conform with the new 'sub forums in columns' functionality.

Standard installation and upgrade instructions can be found on the download page.

Please post all bugs in the bug tracker and/or the forums. Leave this thread for the discussion of GARS 2.1.4

Thanks!