View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Several Suggestions and Questions

Hi Guys,

I can't wait any longer for GARS to be released
Currently I am playing around in the test area a little bit and have some ideas/questions.

If you post a tutorial, review or whatever does not affect the way how you start this.
You start it by pressing the NEW THREAD button.
Well this is only cosmetic but a new thread is not a new tutorial or new review.

It should be possible to change this button in a forum which is a review forum for example.
This means if the user is in a review forum there should be a NEW REVIEW button instead of a NEW THREAD button

Is it possible to activate a moderate function so that everyone can enter a new review in the system but that it is displayed only after admin approval?

If 2 is YES, is it then also possible to give another group instead of the administrator group the rights to approve new entries (in the modcp for example)

I would like to see an option that if a new article is posted a new thread in a forum is created informing the rest of the forum visitors about this.

I am missing a GARS Stats page with the info how many reviews, articles etc. are in the system.
When was the last entry?
Who was the last author?
Who has posted most reviews, articles ....
and so on...

In a multilanguage system I would like to see an option that the other can select in for which language he submitted an article.
If the user submits an english article all Users which are browsing the board in english or where english is default should be able to see it.
All other should get a text that it is not available in their language BUT in english (and then a link to the english version).

Can html be turned on on a per Article/Review basis?
If not can you allow HTML postings for single usergroups in the GARS system without the side effect that this usergroup then also can use HTML in the whole board?

I think thats for the time being ....