View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 08:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS 1.01 Release Discussion

This thread is for the general discussion of the GARS 1.01 release package that was uploaded today for license holders.

Please note that I have left the 1.0g version up as well. Make sure you chose the right freaking package!

This release was slightly pre-mature in the fact that I was mid-flow starting to put the custom field code in. So you may notice a couple new tables and some extra bits of code, however this isn't usable yet.

This release is a standard service release to address known issues. This package addresses the following reported bugs:
  • Missing comments and odd numbering of comments
  • Member review problems (i.e. rating not getting saved unless rate this! is used)
  • Clicking Next or Previous on an alpha sorted type doesn't work as expected (now it does!)
  • noquote code added to GARS_pb reply button (this requires a GARS_pb template revert if you have messed with it)
  • Added new admincp url to empty the mod cache if its acting odd on you. The url is admincp/gars_admin.php?do=cleancache
  • Fixed synopsis getting snipped regardless of your settings
  • Cleaned up snip_and_parse function for PHP5 users
  • Various other minor fixes.
There are still a couple other things I'm working on:
  • Couple of hard coded phrases. Haven't gotten to these yet. Gotta find them!
  • Started 'comments only on last page' but commented option out till I have more time to test
  • Started custom thread fields. This still has a little way to go
  • Started ground work for Save Draft functionality.
If there are any other issues I may have missed, accept my apology. Bugs can get kind of lost on these forums. I'm working on a bug tracker mod for GARS, but am trying to get some of the other functions sorted first.
If there is something I have missed, please feel free to give me a friendly nudge in this thread.