View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

IIRC the default is bottom left so you can to go to the ACP -> GAL -> Categories -> click the category link in the Title column -> change Anchor to whatever you prefer. GALs on vB4 are allowed to go off the side of the page like you see because to try and bound them in a vB4 page might have strange consequences, such as the pop-up appearing erratically because of all the new vB4 CSS positioning that happens, so to avoid that the pop-up by default is not bounded by the screen.

If you pick Top Right or Bottom Right for the anchor, you can avoid more instances of the pop-up going off screen. If you want to try and bound the pop-up from going off the left and right hand sides of the page, you can also edit the gal .gs file in the /geek/ gal /clientscript directory to try and get more of the off screen issue to go away by finding this bit of JavaScript but beware of the possibility of the pop-up appearing erratically:
	if (l < 1)
		l = 10;
	if (l + e.offsetWidth + client.w > client.r)
		l = client.r - e.offsetWidth - 10;
And removing the /* and */ comment lines highlighted in blue, and then hard refresh a page with GALs on it or clear your browser cache to get the change to the gal .js file to take effect. There are also the X Offset and Y Offset options in the same place as the Anchor option that you can set, so if you change the offset options, remember that in a browser the X = 0, Y = 0 position is the top left corner of the screen. A combination of Anchor change, gal .js file edit, and/or X Offest, Y Offest changes should get the GALs to show how you prefer. If you choose Follow as the Style, then the end user can pull the pop-up around, so if you are going to edit the gal .js file, I'd only do it if you are using Hover or Close as the style.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams