Thread: vBSeo
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I dont have anything against phpBB... its what I started with. I went vB because I wanted a pro approach for my site (and I too got tired patching phpBB all the time).

As far as the thread you linked too, Juan explains it pretty well - its the first time you use it. This is to prevent you from giving it to your friend. Countless programs use an activation policy now.
As far as the difference between an encoded web script and a local application - I think its FAR more dangerous having an encrypted application on your system that could be capturing bank details and CC details. How much is really going to be accomplished captuing a bunch of email addresses when you can go buy in bulk anyway

Regardless - this will always be a contentious issue and one that I respect everyones views on. THe beauty of capitalism is that in the end your dollar decides what will and wont happen.
Can i just ask how much more traffic your site has recieved since you bought it? Whatever i do my site doenst seem to move up the search engine listings