View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GARS 2.1.7 Release discussion

GARS 2.1.7 is a maintenance release for the 2.1 branch to address open bugs.

To upgrade from a previous version:
  1. Download the latest package from the download section
  2. Unpack and upload the contents of the forums folder into your forums directory (overwriting existing files).
  3. Import the product-gars.xml file into your product manager (choosing the overwrite option)
  4. Rebuild your custom field phrases (admincp->gars->tools)
  5. If you have any GARS add ons (i.e. the release or link directory) then you will need to re-import the add on xml files vie GARS add on importer. Please note that you should choose the option for 'phrases and templates only' when upgrading
Please leave this thread for the discussion of GARS 2.1.7
Bugs should be posted in the tracker and create new threads in this forum for troubleshooting.

*edit 21.4.07

I have uploaded a new geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php into the 2.1.7b package to address errors with some configurations deleting threads. Please note that I could not reproduce the problem, however I worked with a user that could and I think we have it sussed now. If you are not seeing the problem, I wouldnt bother updating. If you do see the problem, it may be worth downloading the 2.1.7b package and replacing your geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php with the one found in the package (no other updating is needed if you are on 2.1.7).

*edit 11.5.07

I have uploaded new files to the 2.1.7 package to address some errors with some custom fields. Note that the product xml hasnt changed since 2.1.7b so if upgrading, you only need to replace the files. Read more here

nJoy

Last edited by The Geek; 05-11-2007 at 07:56 PM..