The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   security token message on reverted default style (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=5070)

Loco 03-31-2009 02:27 PM

security token message on reverted default style

hi guys,
I have a small issue.
I'm adding a new style to our forum, using the default blue one built into vBulletin.
When I go to edit a thread in the link directory (using gars) I get the security token message

all the templates are the stock one, and have all been reverted.
What am I missing?

Thanks
-Brandon

Morgan 03-31-2009 07:20 PM

What version of GARS are you using? If less than v.2.1.9, please see this thread. The GARS v.2.1.8m and v.2.1.9 packages were updated last spring for CSRF Protection.

Loco 03-31-2009 09:29 PM

ah, I think it was the newest one
I'm using "2.1.8" right now
I'll go upgrade

*edit, It's been updated to 2.1.9 and I still get the token message when I edit one of the link directory post.
I'm not sure on the others.

I had exported all the gar's stuff before the upgrade, and imported it after.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

it's with this style that I get the message
with my default style I have now, the orange and blue, it works great.

Loco 04-01-2009 03:18 PM

any ideas on this?
this is the only thing holding me back from switching the default style to the vbulletin blue style, which is what I'd like to do.

It's working fine on my other styles, none of the gars templates are
"red" all show as reverted..

thx

*just tested, I'm now getting the error on the article pages as well. (on the default vbulletin style)
please help, it doesn't make since to me..
it works fine on my custom skin.. :(

Morgan 04-01-2009 09:49 PM

GARS 2.1.9 accounts for security tokens so I don't think it is GARS, but it could be non GARS templates that need to be reverted, or it could be from a different modification. Try temporarily disabling all modifications, except for GARS, and see if the security token message goes away. If not, create a new style with no parent style and then view your forums with the new style and see if the security token message goes away.

Loco 04-02-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 28273)
GARS 2.1.9 accounts for security tokens so I don't think it is GARS, but it could be non GARS templates that need to be reverted, or it could be from a different modification. Try temporarily disabling all modifications, except for GARS, and see if the security token message goes away. If not, create a new style with no parent style and then view your forums with the new style and see if the security token message goes away.

I'm using a new style with no parent :rolleyes:
That's the style I'm getting the message on, all the others (custom ones) work fine.

any other suggestions?

Morgan 04-02-2009 04:35 AM

Go to the ACP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments -> Yes and then look at the HTML source on the edit page. Every HTML form needs to have the following between the <form> </forum> tags:
Code:

<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
Further all JavaScript POSTs need to have SECURITYTOKEN as part of the post.

More on security token error messages can be found at the following links:If it's not the templates, then maybe it the JavaScript from some non GARS modification. If you search the GARS 2.1.9 files for HTML forms, and search the GARS 2.1.9 JavaScript for POSTs, you will find security token code in place.

Loco 04-02-2009 04:04 PM

Thanks Morgan, I'll take a look and hopefully get it figured out :)

I think I got it working, thanks for that last post
idk how, but it helped me out :)

cheers man