The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Lizard Lounge (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hello all... (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=50)

Fleabag 08-25-2005 11:25 AM

Hello all...

Hi all, exciting times ahead I think you'll agree! Here's to the vBGeek!

Just thought I'd say hello, maybe some introductions and a link to your site?

My site's www.dragonninja.co.uk - an alt-rock community website.

I live in Wales, UK - work as a customer manager for T-Mobile and enjoy all things music related in my spare time.

Where y'all from and what do you do?

The Geek 08-25-2005 11:42 AM

Hey Flea. Glad to see you found us!

My core site it www.thenailgeek.com - a community for nail techs why? Cause as odd as it sounds - I am one :)

Originally from the exotic locale of SLC, UT. I moved to the UK 8 years ago when I met the most drop dead beautiful woman over here when conducting a training seminar. I eventually coaxed that bird into becoming my wife :)

woot!

spence 08-25-2005 01:51 PM

exotic locale

What (where) is SLC, UT?

The Geek 08-25-2005 02:16 PM

Think Mormons ;)

Bad Bunny 08-25-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleabag
Hi all, exciting times ahead I think you'll agree! Here's to the vBGeek!

Just thought I'd say hello, maybe some introductions and a link to your site?

My site's www.dragonninja.co.uk - an alt-rock community website.

I live in Wales, UK - work as a customer manager for T-Mobile and enjoy all things music related in my spare time.

Where y'all from and what do you do?

Hey, bro. I've seen your site and checked it out before. Good to see you here. :) And yeah, I think this site will be great.

I'm a barista who does Latte art in Kentucky of all places. lol I am the masked bassist in a band here called Centered, which is where I will be using some geek scripts.

Bad Bunny 08-25-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
Think Mormons ;)

Salt Lake City, Utah

spence 08-25-2005 03:04 PM

See how literal I can be? I read "exotic" and then SLC, UT and thought "Utah"? But then I thought Upper Tasmania! Or United Transylvania!
Living in TN, we have a lot of thoughts like that. Basically, we don't do drugs, because we don't have to.

Bad Bunny 08-25-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence
See how literal I can be? I read "exotic" and then SLC, UT and thought "Utah"? But then I thought Upper Tasmania! Or United Transylvania!
Living in TN, we have a lot of thoughts like that. Basically, we don't do drugs, because we don't have to.

That is an awesome quote. I think I will use that sometime, lol

Quote:

Basically, we don't do drugs, because we don't have to.

Fleabag 08-25-2005 04:45 PM

Hey Bunny, pleased to meet you! I'll check out your band, and if you ever play the UK I'd be more than happy to get you a date to play here. My site's still got a lot of work to go into it... But as always it comes down to time!

Geek - Interesting story! So you married your wife just to get a passport - you must have been so jealous of our weather you'd come here by any means! LOL :D How do you rate quality of life here, superior/inferior to that of the US? Or not necessarilly better or worse, just different?

Hi Spence how's it going!? Care to share your vB URL? :)

The Geek 08-25-2005 05:16 PM

hehe, the weather was so freaking brilliant over here I just had to do what I could to land a passport ;)

Funny (and long) story really. After 3 days I was smack dab in love. After 3 months of travelling the world - I came back to SLC and said 'screw it', Im following my heart. A couple weeks later I had everything sold off and I was living in the UK.
Moral? Follow your heart because the weather sucks :)

If you hadnt gathered... I think the weather here sucks. Other than that I do like it here. It has its ups and downs like anywhere, but at least here you arent far from countless other cultures. SLC is a long way from that :)