The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Custom Upload field (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4796)

mangus580 11-05-2008 01:20 PM

Custom Upload field
 
Ok... I am trying to create a Custom Field for a pdf file upload....

I see my only choice is to use "Thumbnail to original image upload"

This allows a user to browse for a file... but it complains when its not an image.

Is what I am trying to do possible? I know I can use the attachment manager, but its not really ideal for what I ma trying to do.

mangus580 11-07-2008 12:58 PM

Wow... anyone?

Morgan 11-07-2008 03:46 PM

Please don't bump. I'm online a lot but not everyday, and as support questions are typically answered oldest first, bumping puts your question later in the queue. As to your question, when you attach a PDF file to a regular vBulletin post, do you see a thumbnail? What do you have set at the ACP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings -> Image Processing Library, what is the exact error message, and do you have Ghostscript installed on your server?

mangus580 11-07-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 26802)
Please don't bump. I'm online a lot but not everyday, and as support questions are typically answered oldest first

Sorry, been asking lots of questions, lots of places... most of them I have been ignored on for over a week... so I am frustrated (and its not your fault!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan
As to your question, when you attach a PDF file to a regular vBulletin post, do you see a thumbnail?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan
What do you have set at the ACP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings -> Image Processing Library

I have imagemagick set

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan
what is the exact error message,

  1. There was an error encountered with your upload:
    • This is not a valid image file.
  2. You must specify a valid value for Technical Manual


Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan
do you have Ghostscript installed on your server?

I dont know for sure, but I dont think so? How can I tell?

Morgan 11-07-2008 04:44 PM

If you see a PDF thumbnail when posting an attachment to a regular vBulletin post, then you have Ghostscript installed. When you go to the ACP -> GARS -> Settings, what do you have in the 'Comma separated list of valid file extensions' box?

mangus580 11-07-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 26809)
When you go to the ACP -> GARS -> Settings, what do you have in the 'Comma separated list of valid file extensions' box?

jpg,jpeg,gif,png,pdf

Morgan 11-11-2008 05:58 AM

Sorry, I'm not able to tell from here. If you provide me with admin level ACP access with Can Admin GARS permission, and FTP login information, I can run some tests and see if I can find the reason.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.