The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Advertising Banner System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Banner # limitations? help please asap! (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4029)

teamspeed 03-08-2008 11:44 PM

Banner # limitations? help please asap!

Are you only able to have nine banners per rotation? I have 15+ now and will have about 40 in total soon and when the banner rotated is activated it only allows nine at most to appear at once.

i need all my ads to appear always and just rotate upon every page refresh..
Any advice?

teamspeed 03-08-2008 11:54 PM

Sorry what i mean is I want to be able to add more than 9 or 10 scripts to the master script section and to get the ads to show on all pages, for example the faq page doesn't show them even though the code is in the global footer template.

teamspeed 03-09-2008 06:17 PM

hello again.....is there any support with product ?:confused:

henrikhansen 03-09-2008 08:06 PM

Why are you bumping your thread after only a couple of hours?
Do you expect individual support after only six hours on a Sunday?
This is your first visit to the forum. I can give the information, the
the administrator here reads and responds to all posts, but you will
not moved in front of the line by bumping your thread and asking if there is no support with the product.

teamspeed 03-09-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrikhansen (Post 23520)
Why are you bumping your thread after only a couple of hours?
Do you expect individual support after only six hours on a Sunday?
This is your first visit to the forum. I can give the information, the
the administrator here reads and responds to all posts, but you will
not moved in front of the line by bumping your thread and asking if there is no support with the product.

Ok thanks very much, I thought there would be a ticket or support sytem but I could not find anything like this....

Since you were the one on vb.org who refferred to this if you have info it would be appreciated,
thanks again!

Morgan 03-09-2008 10:07 PM

Untested, but in the GAB_admin.php file, try increasing ten in the following line:
Code:

for($x=0; $x<10; $x++)
If you increase it, do not decrease it afterward, as it might mess up your settings in an unrecoverable way. If you change it, then you will need to remember to change it, when you upgrade, prior to FTPing the GAB_admin.php file to the server. If you forget, it again might mess up your settings in an unrecoverable way.

teamspeed 03-10-2008 12:20 AM

Awesome that worked, thankyou :)

teamspeed 03-10-2008 12:32 AM

is there anyway we can get it to work on all the pages, i added the code to the footer. Sorry for the post bump

Morgan 03-10-2008 01:15 PM

Under the Scripts section, you will notice a special script entry called MASTER. The MASTER script allows all other script entries to simply 'inherit' the settings from the MASTER script, assuming 'Use Default' is ticked for every script. If you untick 'Use Default' to customize each script, then you need to set an 'ad block' for whatever $GAB_ads[X] variable you are using in the vB footer template.

teamspeed 03-10-2008 05:25 PM

Hi I allready had adblocks selected for each $GAB_ads[X] default wasn't selected in any list, yet now no ads show, am I doing something wrong?