The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   File this one away for the future... (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1634)

fasherman 06-20-2006 01:45 PM

File this one away for the future...
 
With a little design work and a new front end, GARS and GAL can be made into a vbWiki.

Maybe some type of preprocessing tags do that GAL entries can be defined inline while editing the GARS article attached to a topic. Once the article is saved, the tags are stripped from the article, GAL entries are made and GAL links are enabled.

There would also have to be some type of cross reference tag like [WURL="topic name"]test[/WURL]. The test becomes a hyperlink to the WIKI topic with the title "topic name".

The Geek 06-20-2006 03:05 PM

Its something I would like to investigate once 2.0 goes gold and the next generation of all my stuff iterates. Then I can approach the entiore conept of GARS with a fresh face. Since wiki seems to be the wave of the moment, Im getting a lot of requests for similar functionality.

Watch this space ;)

attroll 06-20-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
Its something I would like to investigate once 2.0 goes gold and the next generation of all my stuff iterates. Then I can approach the entiore conept of GARS with a fresh face. Since wiki seems to be the wave of the moment, Im getting a lot of requests for similar functionality.

Watch this space ;)

Suggestion. When 2.0 goes Gold please put your attention into the GAB system. Some of us are still waiting for that to be completed.

The Geek 06-20-2006 05:20 PM

Its most of the way done now. I have rewritten the back end system however I put it on the helf when I hit a problem with ad farming images for rotating banners and GARS came to light.

There should be very few issues with GAB in fact, bug tracker is empty of GABs

attroll 06-21-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
Its most of the way done now. I have rewritten the back end system however I put it on the helf when I hit a problem with ad farming images for rotating banners and GARS came to light.

There should be very few issues with GAB in fact, bug tracker is empty of GABs

Cool. I have not check to see if there were any new releases to it. I was tired up applying fixes to it so I decided to wait until you had everything fixed. I was waiting for the fix for the date fixes in the cron job file where it would not pick up a banner on the date when it became active when cron job ran. I will go and see if the file for downloading is newer then the one I am using now.

attroll 06-21-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attroll
Cool. I have not check to see if there were any new releases to it. I was tired up applying fixes to it so I decided to wait until you had everything fixed. I was waiting for the fix for the date fixes in the cron job file where it would not pick up a banner on the date when it became active when cron job ran. I will go and see if the file for downloading is newer then the one I am using now.

I just checked and I have the latest version of GABon my site and it still does not do this. So I will keep on waiting patiently until the next release and hope this fix is done to it.

The Geek 06-21-2006 05:36 PM

Do me a favor and submit a ticket when you get a minute. It helps me keep on top of the issue.

Thanks

attroll 06-21-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
Do me a favor and submit a ticket when you get a minute. It helps me keep on top of the issue.

Thanks

I submitted a ticket and it gave me an ID #65. I look forward to this being fixed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.