The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GARS 1.01 Release Discussion (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1209)

The Geek 03-03-2006 07:07 PM

GARS 1.01 Release Discussion

This thread is for the general discussion of the GARS 1.01 release package that was uploaded today for license holders.

Please note that I have left the 1.0g version up as well. Make sure you chose the right freaking package!

This release was slightly pre-mature in the fact that I was mid-flow starting to put the custom field code in. So you may notice a couple new tables and some extra bits of code, however this isn't usable yet.

This release is a standard service release to address known issues. This package addresses the following reported bugs:
  • Missing comments and odd numbering of comments
  • Member review problems (i.e. rating not getting saved unless rate this! is used)
  • Clicking Next or Previous on an alpha sorted type doesn't work as expected (now it does!)
  • noquote code added to GARS_pb reply button (this requires a GARS_pb template revert if you have messed with it)
  • Added new admincp url to empty the mod cache if its acting odd on you. The url is admincp/gars_admin.php?do=cleancache
  • Fixed synopsis getting snipped regardless of your settings
  • Cleaned up snip_and_parse function for PHP5 users
  • Various other minor fixes.
There are still a couple other things I'm working on:
  • Couple of hard coded phrases. Haven't gotten to these yet. Gotta find them!
  • Started 'comments only on last page' but commented option out till I have more time to test
  • Started custom thread fields. This still has a little way to go
  • Started ground work for Save Draft functionality.
If there are any other issues I may have missed, accept my apology. Bugs can get kind of lost on these forums. I'm working on a bug tracker mod for GARS, but am trying to get some of the other functions sorted first.
If there is something I have missed, please feel free to give me a friendly nudge in this thread.

The Geek 03-03-2006 07:09 PM

Forgot to say:

To upgrade, overwrite all physical files and import the product-gars.xml file (overwriting your existing install)

nJoy

GTAce 03-03-2006 08:22 PM

This upgrade will not wipe out any current settings, data, articles, etc....correct?

The Geek 03-03-2006 10:05 PM

correct. They are safe and sound. Only problem you will run into is if you uninstall it.

trana 03-04-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
This release was slightly pre-mature in the fact that I was mid-flow starting to put the custom field code in. So you may notice a couple new tables and some extra bits of code, however this isn't usable yet.

I'm getting excited!

dongdong 03-04-2006 04:06 PM

you are very fast, with your updates.. i like that ;)

roscoe 03-04-2006 07:42 PM

When my members have linear - newest selected, they can't get the article content. The first post on each page is not the article, and the very first post (last page, bottom) is the article truncated. When I click the read more link, I am taken back to page 1 which has the latest posts.

I tested here, and the article is in fact the oldest post in the thread, but I am wondering if this forum has been updated to 1.01

*** UPDATE ***

If an article has enough comments to spill into multiple pages, in linear-newest mode, I go to the last page and the article is truncated.

If the article does not have enough comments to spill over to 2+ pages, the article is rendered at the bottom of the thread correctly. Can anyone confirm?

Michelle 03-06-2006 02:08 PM

Will I lose my translation when I upgrade? :o
Cause another admin told me that he lost his :o

Ramses 03-06-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle
Will I lose my translation when I upgrade? :o
Cause another admin told me that he lost his :o

If you import the xml file you will loose it. Make it as I did, download your translated language and after upgrading import it again. Works very fine to me.

poprulz 03-06-2006 04:11 PM

Nice update geek!

i guess u didn't notice something in the readme file(upgrade)

"Upload the product-gmart.xml file into your admincp product manager (be sure to tick the overwrite option). This will install the required DBs and phrases "

i guess it should be "product-gars.xml" for GARS...a small typo...

anyways...way to go :)