The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GARS 2.0 RC3 Release Discussion (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1878)

The Geek 08-08-2006 09:52 AM

GARS 2.0 RC3 Release Discussion

PLEASE NOTE... This post contains IMPORTANT upgrade instructions. Please read through my rambling to prevent problems!

I am pleased to announce that I am on Holiday, however I have managed to crank out RC3. Yes, Im a freak - my family hates me, but you may (just may) love me for it.

RC3 marks the last key release befor gold. Basically I only need to phrase and squash any bugs that may have come up with the most recent changes. All features are frozen except for an import/export system I am working on to make installing modules and such easier.

Please note that this is pre-release software and should only be used in test environaments. There is little read me material and a bunch of phrasing that needs to be done (though that is mostly in the admincp).

Here is a re-cap of changes between RC2b and RC3:
I have fixed some bugs with the alpha bar.
Made several template changes to work with vb3.6
Added the ability to default sort forums based on author or member ratings (NOTE that for users of vb3.5x - you MUST read below on how to impliment).
Added ability to substitute newthread and editthread templates
Fixed bugs

To upgrade from RC2b, simply replace all your old files with those found in the RC3 package. You will need to re-import your product.xml found in the new package and revert your templates (too many to list!).

Please note vb3.5x users

When I updated this site, I discovered a small 'bug' in 3.5x series that prevents sorting by ratings. I say bug in quotes as it isnt so much a bug with vb as it is with using 1 particular hook with vb. This has been changed in vb3.6. If you are using 3.5x you MUST make a small file change in order for it to work.

Edit forumdisplay and change:
PHP Code:

$getthreadids $db->query_read("
  SELECT " 
iif($sortfield == 'voteavg'$votequery) . " threadid 

to

PHP Code:

$getthreadids $db->query_read("
  SELECT " 
iif($sortfield == 'voteavg'$votequery) . " thread.threadid 

Its a minor change, but if you dont do it, you're users will get errors sorting by rating with vb3.5x

Please use this thread to discuss the release and the bug tracker or troubleshooting forum for tracking bugs or troubleshooting issues.

nJoy

waltercat 08-08-2006 01:04 PM

Sweet! Sort by ratings! Thanks Geek, that is a nice surprise.

Damir 08-08-2006 01:54 PM

Great thanks Geek

Ramses 08-08-2006 06:09 PM

Anybody installed it succesful? Thanks

Blackbeard 08-08-2006 07:57 PM

running 3.6, copied over everything, installed product, had to change setting of types to show descriptions but alls working fine

joeychgo 08-09-2006 07:46 AM

Installed just fine.....

absolutepunk 08-09-2006 07:56 AM

Anyone having any problems with the custom fields saving when you edit an article? The image upload doesn't seem to be working either.

The Geek 08-09-2006 08:20 AM

Have you reverted your templates?

absolutepunk 08-09-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
Have you reverted your templates?

Yep. Templates are reverted, and I turned off all the cache stuff for the moment as well. It's being really weird. If you want to play with my pages - lemme know, I'll give you the password and everything.

Image upload works fine on a "new" review - just doesn't work when trying to edit an old one that was already in my database. Or if I try and edit a review it asks me to upload an image again - instead of saving the old one.

The Geek 08-09-2006 09:50 AM

I just squished a small bug that was a result of taking out the ajax quick editor.

The new package is RC3b if you have already upgraded to RC3, then you only need to replace your geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php file with the latest.

This will fix custom fields not saving.